Discussions By Condition: Allergies

feel like closing throat, puffy cheeks, trouble swallowing numb toung

Posted In: Allergies 1 Replies
  • Posted By: newmommy3
  • March 15, 2008
  • 07:23 PM

this has been happening to me for over a week. drs dont know whats wrong. could this be an allergy to something? i have not eaten or used anything different. could i have developed an allergy? and how do they teast for this? drs just brush it off and say i dont know. they refered me to an ent. its so hard to swallow! feels like theres something in my throat when i do. even breathing sometimes is funny.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• Regarding your tongue, have you been to the dentist and had a shot or have you bitten your tongue? It sounds nerve related.As far as feeling like something is stuck in your throat, I had this. I went to an ENT and he put a tube down my nose to look. Don't worry, they numb you and it doesn't hurt at all. Anyway, the ENT told me the feeling I had was because of stress. He gave me mild valium and it took care of it. I have had this come up again several times, all due to stress. I take xanax for it and it goes away and helps with my stress level. Perhaps that is what is making you feel like something is in your throat. I am sure the ENT will help you.Please come back and let us know what you find. :)
    Beth56 272 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement