Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Chest pain, cold hand/feet, loss of consciousness, hypotension...

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 11, 2008
  • 06:53 PM

Hi, I'm a 17 year old girl and I need some help!
I have been having severe chest pains, that become more intense when I take a deep breath. My hands and feet become icy cold. I have loss consciousness many times. I also have headaches, extreme nausea, dizziness, fainting, shortness of breath, sweating, difficulty breathing when doing activity ( going up the stairs, slicing a bread, etc.), sharp pains in my hands, arms, legs, jaw, neck, loss of memory, difficulty concentrating, fatigue, huge cravings for salt and water, and have been having digestive problems.

My echocardiogram came back normal and my thyroid is normal. After doing the test for hypotension, it came back Positive. My cadiologist prescribed Florinef that I took for three months but I had a reaction to the medecine: my hands and feet became swolen, my nausea became so bad I had to take Gravol everyday, I did a lot of water retention... After that my doctor took me off the Florinef and juste said that I should go see a psychologist, wich is very frustrating because I know this is not due to stress, or depression,etc. I find it dissapointing that because of my age, doctors have a tendency to think it's due to emotional problems.

Plus 3 years ago I went to the Emergency because of severe stabbing pain in my chest. they said I had liquid in my lungs and the envelope of my heart was swolen. They gave my anti-inflamatories and sent me home.
I know the mother of my father had the same symptoms when she was my age and they never found why, and my father has severe sleep apnea and an irregular heart beat.

Please help ! I'm becoming desperate to find an answer because my symtpoms are affecting my life, physically and emotionally.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement