Discussions By Condition: Blood conditions

Unexplained Bruising

Posted In: Blood conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Nancy_8805
  • March 10, 2008
  • 05:54 PM

I had a cousin who died when she was young. I'm not sure the exact age but I think she was about 8-10. I think she died in the early 80s. Her family was on vacation at disneyland and some bruises appeared on her body. Nothing had happened that they could think of that would normally cause the bruising (injury of any sort) They headed home and were going to see a doctor, she died before they found out what was wrong. The family thinks she picked up some disease off one of the rides, but I'm skeptical because I would think more than one child would get sick from something like that. I don't know much more than what's I've just typed but I'm curious as to what could possibly lead to this. Could it have been a genetic disorder that was unknown at the time? If so, what are the chances that other relatives have inherited it? I'm mostly just curious as to anything that could cause widespread bruising without trauma. Any information will be appreciated. This is mostly for my personal information & curiosity.

Thank You

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement