Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Oily scalp, scalp pimples, dandruff and excessive hair loss...???...

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: MumtazG3
  • March 5, 2008
  • 09:34 AM

I have all of these issues and have gone to my hormone doctor (andochrinologist, hope I spelled that correctly), and gynecologist to rule out hormonal factors such as high or low testosterone levels or sensitivity to certain hormones and all other hormonal factors and also to rule out PCOS, cysts and other diseases which can cause all of these issues. All of my doctors have said that everything is fine with me...none the less my hormone doctor prescribed metformin for something to do with the pancreas which he didn't put much effort into explaining to me.

My scalp/hair gets oily after just one day and I always have to shampoo twice while in the shower to get rid of all of the debri/oil. I have a seriously itchy scalp with tons of scalp pimples that cause pain and irritation all over my scalp and I lose atleast 2-3 handfuls of hair during each shower and generally lose 1-2 handfuls of hair while brushing, or just throughout the day. I have taken hair, skin and nail vitamins which contain loads of proteins and amino acids but that has not helped. My hair used to be very full and thick and is now very thin and in some places like on the back of my scalp it is falling out.....I can feel the difference when I run my hands through my hair.

I am only 19 years of age, I have gotten thermal reconditioning (from a very good salon) and also dye my hair occasionally. These issues are from before I got any of these procedure done. I do not feel that these have caused the issues...in fact I am confident that they haven't because I've seen the problems before I've done anything of the sort to my hair.

I also have very rough facial skin for a women and my finger and toe nails are yellowish. I used to have serious acne on my back, chest and face but that is all resolved (on its own).

I am Pakistani in heritage and have hyperpigmentation issues all over my body, also have excessive hair growth all over my body (including facial,chest,abdomen,upper and lower back...everywhere except on hands and feet), for which I am undergoing laser hair removal treatments at the American Laser Center. I credit the laser treatments to a resolve of most of my body and facial hair issues, and some of my hyperpigmentation issues.

I am putting all of this information into this post because I feel the more information the merrier when looking for a diagnosis.

Please help me find the cause....my life is already much too complicated to have to deal with a new issue every day. I have searched and searched and asked and asked every doctor I can about my problems and the only answer I get is....it's all in your mind...or it will fix itself.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• I'm 18 years old and I experience a lot of the same symptoms you do. I also suffer from a condition called Raynauds syndrome. I know you posted this a long time ago but I' hoping you may have gotten some answers. Please let me know. I have yet to find any doctor with useful advice or solutions. I know that there is something wrong with me but noone can figure out what it is. If you have answers please E-mail me at Caseylohner@gmail.com
    Magenjayne 1 Replies
    • November 9, 2014
    • 08:25 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement