Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

Small red bumps forming on groin area. Freaking out!!!

Posted In: Sexual conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: ezwider
  • February 29, 2008
  • 10:12 PM

Ok so about a month ago i noticed 1 or 2 small red bumps forming around the base of my penis and my groin area where I shave. I figured they were shave bumps at first but after a few weeks they got just a tiny big bigger so I just picked at the skin a little bit and didnt worry about it. They were kind of cauliflower like but you had to look really closely to tell, they looked alot like the commone warms that were on my knee which I will explain below. But now after a month those same 2 keep coming back and now there are other very very tiny red bumps around the base of my penis.

For the past 2 months I've been treated for a cluster of common warts on my knee, and I was just wondering if it was possible for common warts to spread to your genital area?

There a part of me that might suspect that my ex-gf (who I had sex with 2 months ago but dated for 6 months and was very sexually active with no comdums) might have had invisible genital warts, but I'm not sure about that. Would I have seen an outbreak in her within 6 months of dating her?

My current gf and I are a little worried. I've been using that sallycic acid or whatever it is that I used to treat my common warts on my knee on y groin, and its been somewhat effective but I just really need to know what this is.

Help anyone? :(

-eric

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• could be molloscum, warts or herpes...you can get a blood test to rule out herpes but would need a dermatologist to check out the other conditions.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
  • could be molloscum, warts or herpes...you can get a blood test to rule out herpes but would need a dermatologist to check out the other conditions. my ex claims that she got tested before and after our time together so im almost positive that herpes is ruled out. i looked up mollosum and my symptoms sound identical to that, so back to my original question, is it possible that the common warts on my left knee could have spread to my groin area from skin to skin contact?
    ezwider 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • ask her for a copy of the blood work...i really doubt that she got tested for herpes. You need to know for sure and get a blood test so you don't give it to something thinking your ex is always truthful..people who have herpes will say they don't have it after they pass it to someone...like, "Who...Me?"....get a test. You will need a doctor to have the moloscum taken off if it is that--you can pass it to someone like an std and it is difficult to deal with. Either way, you need to see a doctor for a diagnosis...never leave it to an ex.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement