Discussions By Condition: Arthritis

ankle freeze/pain

Posted In: Arthritis 1 Replies
  • Posted By: prone2injury
  • February 17, 2008
  • 04:53 AM

I have had this ankle condition for years. I havent heard of anyone else with this wierd condition. I dont take meds for it, just bear with it, but would be nice to know what it is that I have.

It first surfaced when i was 16yrs old running across the street. My one ankle just froze up, It then really bad cramped ike pins and needle maybe too. I had to limp after 10 steps then it was fine. Since then it seemed to be there when i ran, and limped it off. This was over 20 years ago, and i still have the same thing going on. I did possibly stress fracture my one ankle a few years back the doc said at the ER, just from one step was fine, next one, i couldnt walk on it for weeks. That ankle has more flare ups since then, always with running, or even one day it was everytime I climbed up or off a curb, ( the bending it from that) Before then it was equal to either ankle ( i think) and it can still happen in my other ankle as well. Not sure if its actually the ankle or some area surrounding it, like a ligament off running from the ankle towards the top and forward.

It comes in flare ups as I can run for a block without it happening, or i can run a few steps and get the pain/freezeups. It still just goes away after limping , though since the injury that one ankle may linger longer and I put on the air cast I got when I went to the ER for the stress fracture (if that is what it was)

I have been told by one doctor it was Rheumatoid Arthritis, then my next doctor said No I dont get a fever with it, its just weak ankles

Anyone have this condition, or know what it may be? thanks

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement