Discussions By Condition: Arthritis

ankle freeze/pain

Posted In: Arthritis 1 Replies
  • Posted By: prone2injury
  • February 17, 2008
  • 04:53 AM

I have had this ankle condition for years. I havent heard of anyone else with this wierd condition. I dont take meds for it, just bear with it, but would be nice to know what it is that I have.

It first surfaced when i was 16yrs old running across the street. My one ankle just froze up, It then really bad cramped ike pins and needle maybe too. I had to limp after 10 steps then it was fine. Since then it seemed to be there when i ran, and limped it off. This was over 20 years ago, and i still have the same thing going on. I did possibly stress fracture my one ankle a few years back the doc said at the ER, just from one step was fine, next one, i couldnt walk on it for weeks. That ankle has more flare ups since then, always with running, or even one day it was everytime I climbed up or off a curb, ( the bending it from that) Before then it was equal to either ankle ( i think) and it can still happen in my other ankle as well. Not sure if its actually the ankle or some area surrounding it, like a ligament off running from the ankle towards the top and forward.

It comes in flare ups as I can run for a block without it happening, or i can run a few steps and get the pain/freezeups. It still just goes away after limping , though since the injury that one ankle may linger longer and I put on the air cast I got when I went to the ER for the stress fracture (if that is what it was)

I have been told by one doctor it was Rheumatoid Arthritis, then my next doctor said No I dont get a fever with it, its just weak ankles

Anyone have this condition, or know what it may be? thanks

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement