Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Navy Blue Vaginal Discharge?????

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 53 Replies
  • Posted By: waterfall
  • October 14, 2006
  • 07:18 PM

Sounds crazy? I have been to 5 gynecologists, a gastroentologist and and herbalist. No one can figure out why I have a navy blue discharge. It does not show up on tissue or on my hand, but must of my underwear have navy blue stains that won't wash out.

I have been tested for all venereal diseases, vaginal cancers, and just recently had a CT scan of my pelvis which showed nothing. They thought I might have some type of fistula. The herbalist, said they thought I could have some type of bacteria or yeast infection, gone awry. Something like blue cheese, when it begins to ferment it turns navy blue.

The medical doctors have not been able to come up with anything. They did say that I have something like a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis, but I did not get the prescription filled, because I was told that if I continue to use antibiotics and have a yeast problem it will only aggrivate the issue. So, I have been doing some natural cleansing. My mother has had fungal and yeast problems most of her life and I am wondering if this is some how related? I feel good, but this discharge persists. Please help!!!

Reply Flag this Discussion

53 Replies:

• I don't have navy blue discharge but do have recurrent vaginal problems. What do you do to naturally cleanse?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 17, 2006
    • 08:31 PM
    Flag this Response
  • If the discharge appears blue only on your undies - not on tissue or pads -- and I assume that you have shown this coloration to your many gynos - perhaps you are triggering some kind of chemical reaction. --My first suggestion is to purchase cotton undies (I know - the granny kind) But cotton, being a natural fiber will "wick" away moisture from the body - and also be the least likely to hold bacteria. Wash them in warm to hot water with a detergent like "All" or "Cheer" FREE - these do not contain fragrances, etc. that could cause a reaction. If you wear a pantie liner - do you still have the blue color? Antibiotics can cause you to have a yeast infection(as well as diahrea)- because it also destroys the "friendly" bacteria - eating yogurt or drinking buttemilk will replenish the natural e-coli in your system. Over the counter monostat, etc. can help as well. But if it is constant and severe - your Dr. can also give you a perscriptioin that will clear it up.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 18, 2006
    • 01:46 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the exact same problem with the mysterious blue. I am a biologist and I am trying to figure out what is going on. But at least you know you aren't the only one.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 10, 2006
    • 03:02 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I too have found this on my underwear over the last two days. I first thought it must have been a dye from clothing. But it is not. I just found a site that suggested that it could be connected to the gall bladder or liver and stress. I have been having chronic gall bladder problems - so I hope that is what the connection is.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 17, 2006
    • 05:57 AM
    Flag this Response
  • As soon as I read about blue staining on cloth from discharge, I immediately thought of something similar happening to the quadriplegic I care for. I sit my friend on white nappies to soak up sweat, no clothing down below due to bad rashes (we live in the tropics, hot and humid). I have noticed that sometimes when I have pulled out the soaked nappy, there has been that same navy blue staining. I also noticed blue depots occasionally building up in her urine bag. This reminded me of copper reactions. Copper objects go greeny blue, copper sulphate (I think I have that right) is blue. Could any copper in our bodies be having a reaction with any washing detergent left on cloths, does copper in anyway react with plastic thus explaining blue deposit in the urine bag?? I do not rinse urine bags, as it is not necessary as they are constantly emptied and so self cleaning, so there is nothing for the trace copper in the urine to react with except plastic.I also noticed blue staining sometimes when I tucked nappy under her belly to catch sweat and prevent skin from belly contacting skin on her leg that cases rashes and sores.I am sure there must be a link between copper in the body that will be in some type of trace form in body fluids, and a possible reaction with minute detergent traces left on our washed cloths. Does copper in anyway react with some forms of plastic??? agape,searchingsam
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 17, 2006
    • 11:25 AM
    Flag this Response
  • It's clearly some kind of chemical reaction -- but who knows from what. It could be something as bizarre as food coloring reacting with your body chemistry. I'd go all organic in foods -- and drink purified water -- and see what happens.Please excuse the joke at your expense, but my first reaction was, You gotta stop drinking the Tidy Bowl water...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 17, 2006
    • 06:25 PM
    Flag this Response
  • If you use tampons, there could have been one left inside you. I had a black discharge and my gynocologist found a tampon that I had left in me from 2 weeks prior.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 17, 2006
    • 07:03 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Do you have -- or have you had -- any other unusual symptoms? What kind of work do you do? How old are you? Have you been exposed to any unusual chemicals or medications? It truly sounds like an unusual cross reaction of some sort? Inks? Dyes? What's the site about gall bladder problems or liver trouble?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 17, 2006
    • 09:43 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Areyou taking any herbal supplements or medications? It sounds like a chemical reaction. First you have to rule out if any of hte herbals or prescriptions you are taking are changing the acidity in your vaginal secretions. Is the discharge in your underwear actually blue, or does it just leave a blue spot where your underwear have been dampened by your secretions?Sounds crazy? I have been to 5 gynecologists, a gastroentologist and and herbalist. No one can figure out why I have a navy blue discharge. It does not show up on tissue or on my hand, but must of my underwear have navy blue stains that won't wash out. I have been tested for all venereal diseases, vaginal cancers, and just recently had a CT scan of my pelvis which showed nothing. They thought I might have some type of fistula. The herbalist, said they thought I could have some type of bacteria or yeast infection, gone awry. Something like blue cheese, when it begins to ferment it turns navy blue. The medical doctors have not been able to come up with anything. They did say that I have something like a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis, but I did not get the prescription filled, because I was told that if I continue to use antibiotics and have a yeast problem it will only aggrivate the issue. So, I have been doing some natural cleansing. My mother has had fungal and yeast problems most of her life and I am wondering if this is some how related? I feel good, but this discharge persists. Please help!!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 18, 2006
    • 01:38 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Take the antibiotics, and yes...as crazy as this sounds, douche with plain undiluted yogurt. Even if you have to use a "turkey baster" to do it. For whatever reason, the natural bacteria in your vagina has been depleted. You need to put it back, and the only way to do that is with yogurt. Overuse of antibiotics can cause this condition of total lack of natural bacteria.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 18, 2006
    • 08:40 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Yep, good idea not to take the antibiotics for yeast infection as it will only get harder to kill next time. Go good ol' plain yogurt, I'll second that one, have that nasty knocked out in a jiffy.Agape,searchingsam
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 18, 2006
    • 01:01 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I have to tell you that I had that Navy blue stain in my panty before, I didnt have an infection but I did have itching I dont know about you. Never knew why but I do remember having alot of stress and possible depression at that time.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 3, 2006
    • 05:11 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm not sure what to tell you about the blue discharge, but as far as having a bacterial infection with a yeast infection I could only tell you from my experience. First of all I have to say that I have the best gyno in the world! Just recently, I had bacterial vaginosis plus a yeast infection in the works. My dr prescribed Flagyl for the bacteria and diflucan for the yeast. However, most drs will only presrcibe one diflucan. My dr prescribes 2---take the 2nd one 5 days after the 1st. She told me that as all of that starts to clear up, the yeast can start to grow back, (my guess is that it's a hormonal and bacterial thing). Sure enough, I started to get itchy again, so I took the other diflucan and all of my problems were gone. This is the second time this has happened to me and I would think to myself "I'm a clean person so why do I have bacteria?" DR. explained that sometimes your hormones go all crazy and that messes up how your body fights bacteria. That can cause yeast infections and other bacterial infections. Also if you have a partner, he could also pass the bacteria to you. So to play it safe, my dr. would write the flagyl presrciption out for 28 days. My husbad would have to take 2 a day for 7 days, no sex for a week. Hope that helps a little.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 6, 2006
    • 06:42 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i have exactly the same problem. I have suffered from yeast/fungal infections for 15years and this first happened 12 months ago when i took a new product 3lac. it then vanished and i then saw it appearing recently but i have eaten blueberries 2 days prior on both occassions. I am tryign to see if this could be the case but i agree that i think its clearly some chemical reaction. Its bizaare how it just forms on your knickers like youve dyed them but there no evidence on tissues/dishcarge etc...Im so pleased to know im not alone!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 16, 2006
    • 06:30 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I too have been having this same problem for the last few months. It is driving me crazy. And what is even more strange, when I was folding laundry the other day, I noticed the navy blue staining on the underarms of my son's white undershirts. I am 51 and he is 21. There has to be some connection to food ingestion or environment. Our bodily secretions have to have some sort of chemical that is reacting to the laundry detergent or fabric. I think it has to be the detergent, because it is on both my cotton and polyester/lycra underwear. I have searched online until I was (excuse the pun) blue. This is the only reference I have found to this problem. I'd love to know the answer to this strange problem.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • OH MY GOD! I have been wondering what these blue stains mean! I have been looking all over the net trying to figure out WHY I had this "blue" discharge. I was telling my husband jokingly that I might have a rare disease and that I might be dying! But at least I'm not the only one that had this happen to her :)Detergent, chemical reactions, food..........they all seem to be practical reasons. Please do share if anyone finds out what it is!
  • There are so many new chemicals added to fabrics these days like reactive dyes, that it could very well be your body's reaction to a chemical. http://organicclothing.blogs.com/my_weblog/2005/10/dyes_and_chemic.htmlBlue eh? :p
    AshleyHH 45 Replies Flag this Response
  • I too get the blue dishcarge color, but on a panty liner. Been happening for at least 2 months now..not every day though.
  • I am also having the same kind of deal going on....Does anyone have an answer to this problem here???There is no pain, itch, it is not mucusy, but more like water, blue green (more blue) does not show up in any test as anything, and will not appear on toilet paper, but is on the panty liners...daily. I have also gone in to the doctor, and they say everything is normal, and havr no answer as to what is it. I am concerned..what if it is cerious and they are missing some pre cancer something or something else?
  • i have blue spots as well, but im a guy. And it wont wash out of cotton briefs, whats up with that???
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement