Lupus ( I have finger numness)

Lupus ( I have finger numness)

Posted In: 11 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 14, 2006
  • 01:57 AM

I am having numness in my fingertips. I need to know if it is a important problem. I do have lupus just found out 6 months ago and I am not sure if the numness is linked to my lupus.

Reply Flag this Discussion

11 Replies:

• it can be related..something called reynaud's syndrome is a possibility..it can be common for someone with lupus..hope it helps
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 30, 2006
    • 06:04 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i get numbness in my entire hand, it may get purplish and very cold and i was just told about 2 months ago it is reynauds ( i have lupus) so it is definitely related.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 6, 2007
    • 04:09 AM
    Flag this Response
  • About 6 months after I was diagnosed with lupus, I noticed in the cold my fingers started going white and numb. Then they turned blue and purple then back to normal. It was just one finger to start and then it was other fingers. Then it seemed to happen not only when cold but with stressful situations. Now 2 years later they all get numb and cold and some of my toes too. It has progressed to even when they are not numb I have burning pain in the hand and fingertips. They turn red and blotchy. I have been told there is nothing they can do for it. I am very frustrated with the pain.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 22, 2007
    • 01:57 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Nifedipine often helps with Raynaud's Syndrome. It is a vasodilator. You might ask your doctor about medications that help with Diabetic neuropathy, to see if this has helped Raynaud's patients. Alpha lipoic acid has been used for Diabetic neuropathy and might be helpful as well.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 1, 2007
    • 11:09 PM
    Flag this Response
  • About 6 months after I was diagnosed with lupus, I noticed in the cold my fingers started going white and numb. Then they turned blue and purple then back to normal. It was just one finger to start and then it was other fingers. Then it seemed to happen not only when cold but with stressful situations. Now 2 years later they all get numb and cold and some of my toes too. It has progressed to even when they are not numb I have burning pain in the hand and fingertips. They turn red and blotchy. I have been told there is nothing they can do for it. I am very frustrated with the pain.I had tingling and hand numbness episodes and my doctor wants to test me for Lupus. I fought back the symptoms with a low calorie, low protein, low fat, low allergenic diet and lots of supplements. If I eat large portions of protein, I get pain and aches in joints, dizzyness, and low blood pressure. My liver was affected at the same time I was so numb and restless.Geez- do you think I have Lupus? Or at least, may I ask, what were your initial symptoms.I am a Hispanic Female 29 years old. I was overweight when it originally started. I am 5'3' and I was 136 lb. Now I am 117bl (2 month later from the onset).
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 1, 2007
    • 11:31 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I've noticed that I have tingling in my fingertips, but I notice it mainly when I'm typing or sewing....that sort of thing. anyone else? and does that count as reynoulds?
    yor516 6 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have been experiencing numbness in my fingertips and in my hands, I have also had the butterfly rash and joint and muscle pain. I have been tested for Lupus on several occasions and it keeps coming up negative. I am so frustrated and have been dealing with some of these same symptoms for years, still to no prevail of an answer. Maybe someone can help me with some advice.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 12, 2008
    • 07:24 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have been experiencing numbness in my fingertips and in my hands, I have also had the butterfly rash and joint and muscle pain. I have been tested for Lupus on several occasions and it keeps coming up negative. I am so frustrated and have been dealing with some of these same symptoms for years, still to no prevail of an answer. Maybe someone can help me with some advice.Just because you don't test positive for the lupus doesn't mean you don't have it. I had issues for almost 4 years and then started getting the lupus sores on my face and scalp... i now see a rhumetologist and a dermotoligist.... it took both of them to confirm my lupus and i still don't test positive. Keep trying cause there are lots of meds to help.good luck~blondie
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Just because you don't test positive for the lupus doesn't mean you don't have it. I had issues for almost 4 years and then started getting the lupus sores on my face and scalp... i now see a rhumetologist and a dermotoligist.... it took both of them to confirm my lupus and i still don't test positive. Keep trying cause there are lots of meds to help.good luck~blondieI'm basically seconding this. I also have Lupus but it took years for them to finally diagnose me with it (then only after experiencing sores on my face and scalp) because I kept coming back with a negative ANA test. Stay strong and keep going back until they give you answers!
  • I hate this...my fingers are numb often...painfully so. I had about 50 different tests (yes 50!! >.I dunno if it is the right diagnosis because one of my first symptoms was feeling complete muscle fatigue all the time. I got so I could hardly stand up to get out of my friend's too low to the ground car and I've always been spry lol (I'm 33). Couldn't afford to get the medicine this week and now I realize I'm pretty much screwed. I haven't been able to find a job here in a while and will probably never be able to get decent insurance again :/ At least the county hospital has low prices for this type of treatment...might be my only recourse. ANYWAY - does anyone know what to do for this numbness. I won't have any meds to try until next week and sometimes it's unbearable. When I wake up I can't even make a fist the pain is so bad and my hands are so weak. I even lost 80 pounds to help my health but still the numbness is worse and worse.
  • Ìîæíî ëè òóò ðàçìåùàòü ññûëêè íà ñàéòû ñ ïîäáîðêàìè ñîôòà? íå çàïðåùåííî ëè ýòî ïðàâèëàìè?
    owesslotnef 45 Replies
    • August 21, 2011
    • 04:55 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.