Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

2 month old having seizures

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Pookie1022
  • February 10, 2008
  • 04:09 AM

I have a 2 month old son and when he was born he was placed in NICU for pneumonia. After spending a few days in NICU the Doc said he thought it was a surfactant deficiency. They placed Caden on gentamicin and ampicillin. Within a few days everything started clearing up and we got the news he was coming home. On the evening before he was to be discharged he had a seizure. The Doctor recommended transferring Caden to a hospital with a Peds Neurology Doctor. The next morning we were transferred were all sorts of tests were done, EEG< MRI, CT SCAN AND METABOLIC LAB WORK. All the test came back negative. So the Ped Neurologist said she didn't think Caden had a seizure and sent us home. A month later we followed up with the Ped Neurologist with no major events. On Thursday morning we were supposed to have another EEG, while getting ready my son started shaking, when my wife picked him up he straightened out and went stiff. His eyes were opened and fixed. I told my wife to call 911 and as she did so he stopped breathing. I started CPR and restarted his breathing. We were rushed to the hospital were they monitored Caden for two days. While we were there they ran another EEG that came back Negative. The Pediatric neurologist doesn't believe in giving seizure meds due to slowing learning abilities. Alll we were told when we were discharged was to wait. We are going to get a second opinion this week, but are very terrified this will happen again. Some other symptoms my son has are, Hypertonia and Exaggerated Startle Reflex. Please any one with info or has had an experience like this please help.

Thanks Proud Parents

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement