Discussions By Condition: Digestive conditions

Constant Nausea 13 days + low appetite + burning in stomach + gas

Posted In: Digestive conditions 12 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 8, 2008
  • 05:02 PM

31 year old female, no children. No health insurance. :(

For the last 13 days I have had nausea all day and night. It has felt like nerves...something like a first date combined with a worry about losing a job mixed in with some oral presentation in 3rd grade. That is how it feels.

I have no reason to be anxious about anything.

The last 2 days has included a burning in my stomach, like it's getting worse.

I feel mild relief after eating, yet I have no appetite, so it is difficult for me to find it in me to eat anything.

I feel like I have to throw up, but can't.

Painful gas and bloating.

Go to the bathroom first thing in the morning and it's practically an emergency but then feel constipated the rest of the day.

Reply Flag this Discussion

12 Replies:

• HiI totally sympathise for you, I had the same problem almost a year ago and it has left me in a really bad state, it has taken a very long time for my body to recover, and it still hasn't recovered fully. I feel bloated after each meal, I am very quite gassy & the nausea is probably the worst - after a few weeks I started to lack energy and to this point I have lost my job, my friends & my life. Yet my doctor doesn't seem to know what the problem is. The best advice I can give you is not to touch antibiotics, they are the root to all evil. Try eating soft foods, rice, vegetables, crackers, stay away from sugary stuff alcohol & smoking. Your body will heal by itself if it's an infection.Go get the following done:- Ultrasound- Stool tests- Blood tests- Endoscopy- ColonoscopyTry and rule out as much as you can - and dont stop at the point of "IBS" a lot of doctors will say you have "IBS" which means they dont know what you have and there's something wrong with your bowel.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 19, 2008
    • 04:13 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same symptoms. it started 3 weeks ago out of the blue. I've been on a soup diet since and nothing has really changed, some days i feel better, others i feel worse. I went to the doctor he said I was a healthy person. I get the feeling of throwing up, but I don't and I just burp really big one after sometime of feeling like I'm going to throw up. I've talked to others and said they had this for 2 weeks so I think it's just a virus and will run it's course I hope. I've had all the same symptoms you mentioned. I've been taking pepcid and tums for this and they help for like a half hour to an hour, then the symptoms come back.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • 31 year old female, no children. No health insurance. :( For the last 13 days I have had nausea all day and night. It has felt like nerves...something like a first date combined with a worry about losing a job mixed in with some oral presentation in 3rd grade. That is how it feels. I have no reason to be anxious about anything. The last 2 days has included a burning in my stomach, like it's getting worse. I feel mild relief after eating, yet I have no appetite, so it is difficult for me to find it in me to eat anything. I feel like I have to throw up, but can't. Painful gas and bloating. Go to the bathroom first thing in the morning and it's practically an emergency but then feel constipated the rest of the day.Do a parasite cleanse..twice a year or more if necessary. If extreme, go to your homeopathic healer for directions on cleansing the parasites. Do you have animals pets, dogs etc?You have to kill the infrection first or work on the coffee enema, cleanse with parasite from a health food store..go do it
  • Hi All,I've just been to the doctor with similar symptoms e.g. burning in stomach and constant nausea. The doctor has advised me that I have what is known as "silent reflux". The burning sensation is being caused by excess acid in my stomach travelling up my oesophagus. I've been placed on a course of antibiodics - fingers crossed it works.You should definitely go see your doctor. If it is similar to my problem, it's a shame to ignore it when it could (possibly) cured so easily. I've done some research that suggests there are potential long-term effects on the stomach, if left untreatedGood luck
    kque23 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have had stomach troubles all my life. Years ago had constant nausea and burning and after many esophageal tests, the doc said I had gastritis and had to keep the acid under control. The last few years I have gained weight and suffer with acid reflux and am taking Protonix every day which has kept it under control along with raising the head of my bed 7 inches so that it doesn't come up in the esophagus as night. This has helped. However, I started having a lot of gas and bloating with one doctor claiming I had IBS which never got better no matter what I took for it. I changed gastros and was treated for an "overgrowth of bacteria" (there is such a diagnosis) by a gastroenterologist who sent me to Cedars-Sinai. The bacteria moves from the intestines into the stomach where it doesn't belong (test is to blow into a bag every hour and they test your breath - many people have it). Taking a 10-14 day course of antibiotics knocks it out. I then follow this with potent acidophilus pills that I buy at the health food store to restore the natural flora and I feel so much better. Adding either Citrucel (doesn't cause gas like Metamucil) or higher fiber to your diet helps too. Keeps everything flowing so no bacteria can start working on the food just sitting there too long in the intestines. You also have to NOT eat spicy or high fat foods as they can set it off, along with coffee, alcohol, chocolate, tomato products, citrus, bagged salads (unless you wash them well). Taking three deep breaths and blowing it all the way out will help with spasms of the esophagus if you have that. But the very best is forcing yourself to drink lots of water as it washes the acid out of the stomach and it feels a lot better. I also drink about 2 oz of Aloe Vera gel drink (health food store or pharmacy) during the day which aids in healing the raw esophagus and stomach. Stops the burning almost immediately.I would also recommend getting an H-pylori bacteria test for ulcers. Hope this information helps all of you who are suffering. I have been there.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 1, 2009
    • 06:55 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Do a parasite cleanse..twice a year or more if necessary. If extreme, go to your homeopathic healer for directions on cleansing the parasites. Do you have animals pets, dogs etc?You have to kill the infrection first or work on the coffee enema, cleanse with parasite from a health food store..go do itPlease read up on homeopathy before wasting your money. The only effect of homeopathy is the placebo effect. All homeopathic treatments (water) are now required to be labeled as "PLACEBO" in England.Homeopathic products are made from minerals, botanical substances, and several other sources. If the original substance is soluble, one part is diluted with either nine or ninety-nine parts of distilled water and/or alcohol and shaken vigorously (succussed); if insoluble, it is finely ground and pulverized in similar proportions with powdered lactose (milk sugar). One part of the diluted medicine is then further diluted, and the process is repeated until the desired concentration is reached. Dilutions of 1 to 10 are designated by the Roman numeral X (1X = 1/10, 3X = 1/1,000, 6X = 1/1,000,000). Similarly, dilutions of 1 to 100 are designated by the Roman numeral C (1C = 1/100, 3C = 1/1,000,000, and so on). Most remedies today range from 6X to 30X, but products of 30C or more are marketed.A 30X dilution means that the original substance has been diluted 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times. Assuming that a cubic centimeter of water contains 15 drops, this number is greater than the number of drops of water that would fill a container more than 50 times the size of the Earth.Homeopathy is just water.
  • I just got diagnose for salmonella whit same symptoms. Can be whitout symptoms and then give same nausea, stomach pain and other symptoms.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 3, 2011
    • 04:24 AM
    Flag this Response
  • To correct you, a 30X dilution means it has been dilunted 1/30 times. so it you have one drop of the substance, you add 29 drops of water (or any other liquid for tha matter) and you have your dilution. Please read up on homeopathy before wasting your money. The only effect of homeopathy is the placebo effect. All homeopathic treatments (water) are now required to be labeled as "PLACEBO" in England.Homeopathic products are made from minerals, botanical substances, and several other sources. If the original substance is soluble, one part is diluted with either nine or ninety-nine parts of distilled water and/or alcohol and shaken vigorously (succussed); if insoluble, it is finely ground and pulverized in similar proportions with powdered lactose (milk sugar). One part of the diluted medicine is then further diluted, and the process is repeated until the desired concentration is reached. Dilutions of 1 to 10 are designated by the Roman numeral X (1X = 1/10, 3X = 1/1,000, 6X = 1/1,000,000). Similarly, dilutions of 1 to 100 are designated by the Roman numeral C (1C = 1/100, 3C = 1/1,000,000, and so on). Most remedies today range from 6X to 30X, but products of 30C or more are marketed.A 30X dilution means that the original substance has been diluted 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times. Assuming that a cubic centimeter of water contains 15 drops, this number is greater than the number of drops of water that would fill a container more than 50 times the size of the Earth.Homeopathy is just water.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 23, 2011
    • 05:28 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I too have all of these symptoms. On top of that I am also on my period which makes things worse. But I've been having this feeling for over a week now and it's irritating specially when I have a 9 month old that I have to take care of. Does anybody know what can be causing this? I have a drs appt in a couple of weeks and hopefully he can tell me what's wrong. I've been trying to search for explanations and everything is either gallbladder, ulcers, tumor, etc. I'm really hoping not. If anybody elsehave any suggestions please reply cause I'm getting scared.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 17, 2011
    • 01:02 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I went in for similar problems. At first we thought it was something basic. But symptoms didn't subside. My mom got something soon after and we realized it might be a parasite from a trip. Treatment for e. coli and salmonella are to wait it out. Don't take antibiotics or pepto bismal type medications without a doctor's recommendation. not even over the counter. Parasite treatment is initially similar in healthy adults. although tests (as mentioned above) can be done to determine the type of parasite. My family is big on muscle testing. Can't figure out why, but it works fairly consistantly. My mom ordered a parasite clensing pill. natural stuff. To help rid our bodies of this parasite. I went to a regular doctor to rule out a more serious problem first. I've barely been eating for a week and stopped altogether yesterday. The more I eat, the worse it hurts. Water and Gatorade non-stop.
    anelle 1 Replies
    • August 25, 2011
    • 02:02 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I made an account just to reply to this nonsense.To correct you, a 30X dilution means it has been dilunted 1/30 times. so it you have one drop of the substance, you add 29 drops of water (or any other liquid for tha matter) and you have your dilution.No, it doesn't. It means that a 1:100 solution is made, given a "magic shake" that the homeopathic shamans call "succussion." One part of that mixture is then used to create a 1:100 solution and given another magic shake. That is a 2C (1x) solution. You're already 1:10,000... and that's one of the strongest dilutions you can buy. (Or according to a homeopathic shaman, the weakest... since the entire basis of homeopathy is that the more diluted a drug is the stronger it gets, through magical forces that remain behind in the solution because of succussion. It would need to be diluted more to get "stronger.")15C (30x) repeats this 1:100 dilution thirteen more times."Another example given by a critic of homeopathy states that a 12C solution is equivalent to a "pinch of salt in both the North and South Atlantic Oceans", which is approximately correct."They are literally peddling MAGIC POTIONS. Dilution and delusion. And fools buy it right up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWE1tH93G9UThree logarithmic potency scales are in regular use in homeopathy. Hahnemann created the centesimal or C scale, diluting a substance by a factor of 100 at each stage. The centesimal scale was favored by Hahnemann for most of his life. A 2C dilution requires a substance to be diluted to one part in one hundred, and then some of that diluted solution diluted by a further factor of one hundred. This works out to one part of the original substance in 10,000 parts of the solution. A 6C dilution repeats this process six times, ending up with the original material diluted by a factor of 100−6=10−12 (one part in one trillion or 1/1,000,000,000,000). Higher dilutions follow the same pattern. In homeopathy, a solution that is more dilute is described as having a higher potency, and more dilute substances are considered by homeopaths to be stronger and deeper-acting remedies. The end product is often so diluted that it is indistinguishable from the dilutant (pure water, sugar or alcohol).Hahnemann advocated 30C dilutions for most purposes (that is, dilution by a factor of 1060). In Hahnemann's time it was reasonable to assume that remedies could be diluted indefinitely, as the concept of the atom or molecule as the smallest possible unit of a chemical substance was just beginning to be recognized. The greatest dilution that is reasonably likely to contain even one molecule of the original substance is 12C. Some homeopaths developed a decimal scale (D or X), diluting the substance to ten times its original volume each stage. The D or X scale dilution is therefore half that of the same value of the C scale; for example, "12X" is the same level of dilution as "6C"..
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 22, 2011
    • 02:23 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• That should be 1:10, not 1:100. If the mod reviewing these posts wants to make that correction this post can be deleted. Sorry... I'm sick, not thinking clearly. Constant nausea, low appetite, gas... kind of how I found this place...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 22, 2011
    • 02:27 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement