I have the following symptoms:
- Extremely painful "growing pains" that will last for hours. They occur all throughout my legs (ankles, calves, above and behind my knees, thighs). Massaging/stretching doesn't help, it makes them hurt more
- My knees and ankles will often lock up while I'm moving. If I don't notice right away and continue moving, they'll crack and unlock, but it's very painful.
- My joints are constantly cracking painfully
- My knees have recently been giving out. It's happened while I've been walking and running.
- My knees hurt/ache a lot when they get cold (I automatically thought arthritis, but I don't think that's it)
- When I was younger (this hasn't happened in a while) after I ran around for a bit and stopped, I could barely walk my legs hurt so bad. They didn't hurt while I was running, but once I stopped they did.
Does anyone know what could be going on? I've been told "it's just growing pains.." but this has been going on for 7+ years (I'm now 17). My "growing pain" episodes are really painful. Ibuprofen and other similar drugs do absolutely nothing.
Is this just growing pains, or is it maybe something else?