I have the following symptoms:
- Extremely painful "growing pains" that will last for hours. They occur all throughout my legs (ankles, calves, above and behind my knees, thighs). Massaging/stretching doesn't help, it makes them hurt more
- My knees and ankles will often lock up while I'm moving. If I don't notice right away and continue moving, they'll crack and unlock, but it's very painful.
- My joints are constantly cracking painfully
- My knees have recently been giving out. It's happened while I've been walking and running.
- My knees hurt/ache a lot when they get cold (I automatically thought arthritis, but I don't think that's it)
- When I was younger (this hasn't happened in a while) after I ran around for a bit and stopped, I could barely walk my legs hurt so bad. They didn't hurt while I was running, but once I stopped they did.
Does anyone know what could be going on? I've been told "it's just growing pains.." but this has been going on for 7+ years (I'm now 17). My "growing pain" episodes are really painful. Ibuprofen and other similar drugs do absolutely nothing.
Is this just growing pains, or is it maybe something else?
Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.
With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.
Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.
What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.
Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,