Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Chest pressure and jaw pain middle of the night.

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: lara jawanski
  • February 7, 2008
  • 02:36 PM

I have had some symptoms that are similar to a heart attack, but I don't have any shortness of breath or arm pain. I am 48 years old and female. It usually happens at 2-5 a.m. while I'm sleeping. It starts with jaw pain (usually on the right side) and lower teeth pain. Sometimes I feel pain in my right side of my neck. Then I get chest pressure, like someone is sitting on my chest between my breastbones. I usually get up and take a few aspirin, hoping that it will go away. It usually lasts 15 minutes or so. Then it goes away. It never happens when I am active - always when I am relaxed or sleeping.

I have even had this when I was on vacation with my husband fishing - about as relaxed as a person can get - and I had this happen to me.

When I check symptoms, it usually shows angina or heart attack or panic/anxiety attack. I don't feel like I have lost control of my world or anything like that, I just get worried when it happens.

Anyone have any ideas - when I check angina or heart attack, it really doesn't sound like what is happening to me.

I had this happen aproximately 10 times in the last 10 years.

Thanks!

Lara

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement