Discussions By Condition: Nerve conditions

Numbness in last 2 fingers left hand

Posted In: Nerve conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 2, 2008
  • 02:52 AM

I've been doing some reading on this and found out that it might be my Ulnar nerve, how this happened I do not know, for the last 4 nights i've been getting numbness in those fingers BUT only at night time and no other time, my activities lately haven't changed so i don't know why this is happening now, i have had no injuries to that side of my body but i dislocated my right shoulder in Jan of 2006 and since then i have been fine I have also gone to the chiropractor (whom i trust more than most chiropractors) during that time for routine maintenance cause of an incident at work with my neck started me there and have been fixed since but i haven't gone there in over 6-7 months...I don't really sleep on my arms like i used to and when i sleep on my side my arm is stretched out with my head on top of it careful not to sleep on it....Thats my story and was wondering if anyone else knows about it cause i do have a doctors appt in a week and a half but might have to make it sooner.....

Thanks
Rick

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• I had the same problem, it turned out to be a compress ulnar nerve in my left elbow. I never had pain in my elbow nor ever had an injury. It was just do to natural scar tissue clinging to the nerve and compressing it. My ring finger and pinky finger when numb, I dropped things alot. I didn't know anything was wrong until the neurology octor did an emg/ncs test....then surgery was the only answer.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • 3 months or so ago i woke up and immediatly noticed my left side of my left arm numb. at first i just noticed my fingers, pinky and ring. i called the nurse, she thought i could be having a heart attack. well to make a long story short, ive had both neurlogist and the ortho. doc appts. so far just one mri. it showed a mass on my neck, spine, and the nurse said that it is in a spot that shouldnt be affecting my LEFT side, but the right. so now she set me up for another MRI. this one of my head. so heres whats really got me scared... the past 5 years i have recurring nightmares where my legs are really really heavy, and i cant move much at all. im worried. im a 33/w/f. im also uninsured and recieving help from the cheap hospital here. students and always new doctors, they never stay for long. scared to death. alone in iowa
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 23, 2009
    • 04:03 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement