Discussions By Condition: Eye conditions

temporary blind spots in vision

Posted In: Eye conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: triplec223
  • January 30, 2008
  • 01:57 PM

I have been experiencing a strange sensation with my vision over the past 7-8 months. Occassionally, I will get these temporary blind spots on one side of my vision, much like when you stare at the sun and then look away. This lasts for about an hour and is pretty intense, but fades away on its own. It seems to come on pretty randomly, and it's not like I have to look at a light bulb for it to happen.

The last two times that it has happened was shortly after a fairly intense workout. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or if it is just coincedence. I would say it has happened 4-5 times within the past 8 months, and I had never experienced anything like this before this year.

Has anyone ever had anything like this? I have been reading about the symptoms of detached retinas and it seems like this is one of the symptoms. I'm not rushing to conclusions, but I've already scheduled a doctor's appointment to have it checked out. That will not be until late February though, so I'm just trying not to sweat it until then.

Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• It seems like a possible aura I get them too, if urs lasts for at least around 20 min ten it's a aura. I have a blind spot in my eyes were I close one eye an partially in the comer is a small blind spot, I get mine from bad sleep.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • November 2, 2014
    • 05:02 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement