Discussions By Condition: Eye conditions

ICE Syndrome

Posted In: Eye conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 12, 2006
  • 10:10 PM

I have just been diagnosed with ICE syndrome, for 3 years I have been constantly going to a special Eye Hospital as diagnosed with glaucoma (left eye only), after 8 mths I told them I was getting patches of blurred vision like a curtain being pulled infront of my eye. They changed my drops frequently,and had know idea what was causing problem. And felt glaucoma had probably been caused by a accident over 25 yrs ago. Vision progressivley got worse headaches started, pain in eye. Now over 3 years later finally have a diagnosis because ended up in Emergency Dept of local hospital with dizzyiness along with other symptons. Finally a young doctor examined me told me right away he didnt feel this could have anything to do with accident that many yrs prior. So he started to look for other cause and came up with ICE. Several head doctors since in last 10 days and we have an offical diagnosis. My question is if this had been found 3 yrs ago could they potentially have treated and saved my eye sight at the level it was at then?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement