Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Burning sensation due to nerves?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: issimo
  • January 25, 2008
  • 10:19 AM

From about May 2007 I started getting a burning sensation on the surface of my legs at night. For the past three weeks (Jan 08) this burning has spread to my whole body - wherever my skin is in contact with anything I get a burning sensation on the skin. There are no visible signs of this. I seem to sweat very little and my temperature is normal - I can only get comfortable by trying to regulate the room temperature. This is difficult in January at night and if I get any sleep, I wake up freezing.
I am awaiting an appointment to see if I’ve got a compressed nerve in my neck - the possible cause of tendonitis in my forearms/wrists from Sept 06.
My doctor says the blood test I got covered ‘everything’ - including diabetes. I feel that it is to do with my nervous system, or peripheral nervous system. I waited five months just for a nerve conduction test on my arms and I’m concerned that I might do further damage to a nerve as I wait for my appointment.
I am beginning to despair, especially since my doctor (who I have asked twice) has not been able to help. Does the burning sensation thing ring any bells? Please write if you recognise it. Thankyou.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement