Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Multiple Cysts. Should I be worried??!!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 13 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 12, 2006
  • 05:20 PM

I am a 22 year old male and have multiple cysts in my body. The first one that I noticed is in my right wrist. I had asked the doctor who was treating me while I was in for a regular checkup about the cyst in my wrist and she had told me that if the on and off throbbing pain was too excruciating that I could get it removed but the wrist isn't a fun place to operate on. Since then I have found a cyst in the back of my neck, one in my left forarm, and 2 in my left upper thigh. Please Can anyone TELL ME WHY I AM GETTING THESE BUMPS? Is there any logical reason behind it all? Can I do anything about it or am I constantly going to have occasion throbbing pain in the location of my cysts? Please anyone respond if you have any knowledge on this matter. Thanks so much.

Reply Flag this Discussion

13 Replies:

• //////bump
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 13, 2006
    • 02:57 PM
    Flag this Response
  • ive got the same thing so does my mom.Dont push on it some can rupture and kill you!some like to wrab around nervs.ither suck it up and cut it out.or learn to live with it.but it will probley grow more.some say its caused from sodium.but the throbbing does suck!:[
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 19, 2009
    • 10:08 PM
    Flag this Response
  • These lumps are most likely due to a condition known as Familial Multiple Lipomatosis, benign tumors of adipose or fat tissue. They frequently occur on the limbs and trunk, less seldom on the hand and I would suspect that the lump at your wrist might simply be a ganglion cyst, also benign and filled with fluid. Incidentally, you can squeeze or pop a ganglion cyst with no harmful effects as someone alternatively suggested. There is no danger in doing so. Best regards, J Cottle MD
    JCottleMD 580 Replies
    • January 19, 2009
    • 11:53 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I've had multiple cysts for years, appearing in various parts of my body, sometimes one right after the other and lasting for months at a time... My research says possible problems range from genetic skin disorders to staph infection. I was told by the doc that I've got sebaceous cysts, that my condition is normal (not an infection or disease), and that it's tough to prevent recurrences.However, here are a few preventative methods that may help. Diet and excercise are important; cysts occur more often in overweight individuals. A diet high in fat and carbs is no good; try eating lean meats and vegetables regularly. Sweat could be related, so if you sweat heavily try to avoid strenuous activity in the heat, and wash thoroughly afterwards. Wash with antibacterial soap daily, and keep your clothing and sheets clean as well.For Sebaceous Cysts, the best treatment is to notice them early and put a warm compress or hot sitz bath for 15-20 minutes twice a day to help the swelling go down and possibly get it to come to a head and drain on its own. NEVER try to pop a sebaceous cyst cause it can drive the infection deeper (although i'm not sure about ganglion cysts... but if you dont know for sure what you have, best not to pop it!). If it doesnt drain on its own within about a week or two, go see your doctor and they'll prescribe antibiotics or surgically remove it (I recommend the surgery, cause it's worked better for me than antibiotics ever did).If you've never had a lump before, go to your doctor and find out what it is. The next time you get one you'll recognize it and properly treat it as your doctor prescribes.Good luck, and good health.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 15, 2009
    • 07:00 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I am also having a cyst problem, I have a synovial cyst at L4 - L5, compressing my spinal cord and nerves. Since this one, I have also gotten one in my shoulder after rotator cuff surgery, and another in my neck. No one can tell my what causes them.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 30, 2009
    • 06:51 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am a 22 year old male and have multiple cysts in my body. The first one that I noticed is in my right wrist. I had asked the doctor who was treating me while I was in for a regular checkup about the cyst in my wrist and she had told me that if the on and off throbbing pain was too excruciating that I could get it removed but the wrist isn't a fun place to operate on. Since then I have found a cyst in the back of my neck, one in my left forarm, and 2 in my left upper thigh. Please Can anyone TELL ME WHY I AM GETTING THESE BUMPS? Is there any logical reason behind it all? Can I do anything about it or am I constantly going to have occasion throbbing pain in the location of my cysts? Please anyone respond if you have any knowledge on this matter. Thanks so much.If the cyst is clear, no miomatous, you can be treated with antibiotis. I have some patients hospitalmexico.org
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 16, 2010
    • 08:11 AM
    Flag this Response
  • If cysts don't contain any infective organisms (such as bacteria), they can be reduced by having times when you don't eat. For example, you could eat only two meals a day of healthy foods, and consume only water at other times. If you have only one meal a day on some days, it will be even more effective.If you eat or snack many times a day, and consume drinks containing sugar or nutrition, expect cysts to become larger, and more to form.If cysts do contain infective organisms (such as bacteria), colloidal silver is beneficial.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 17, 2010
    • 00:25 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I know this is old, but i was just looking and the op says:"Since then I have found a cyst in the back of my neck, one in my left forarm, and 2 in my left upper thigh."I'm a 21 year old male and have one in the back of my neck, 2 in my left upper thigh, and used to have one in my left forearmCOINCIDENCE?!I think so!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 5, 2011
    • 02:06 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I also suffer from multiple abscesses. I started getting boils in my genital area at first menstruation. After that, I developed poly-cystic ovaries, a ganglion in both of my wrists (rare from what I hear), and a pilonidal on my tail bone. Not a couple years later (all before the age of 18) I found many bumps again on my low back and was told they were clusters of lipoma tumors (benign) masquerading around my spine. I had all of these removed as soon as I could. I still suffer from abnormal boils every once in a while and I have nerve damage in the areas where I have had them removed. I would be leery of surgery if they are not painful. I made that mistake and have multiple scars all over my body. During the time of the tumors, it was discovered that I had a semi-rare immune disorder called hypogammaglobulinemia. I am not sure if this has much to do with all of the cysts, tumors, and other painful sacs. I have heard that dairy can be my enemy. I treat myself with vitamins (with enzymes to break down), non-milk milk (like soy and almond-I rotate as this could be harmful too), much green leafy veggies, and all sorts of non-processed foods that are yummy.I would like to hear opinions on this also. I am overweight and have been all my life. I do try to take care of myself and stay active though. I would like to treat the root or hear of any specific disorder this sounds like other than just swollen glands and calcium deposits. But if that is all it is, I will be grateful.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 15, 2011
    • 08:54 AM
    Flag this Response
  • This sounded too familiar so I had to post. About 7 years ago I started getting weird painful cysts in my thighs and then got them around my joints such as my ankles and wrists. I went to the quack shack at my college and every doctor in there came to take a look at me. Finally, they brought in the dermatologist and she told me I had Erythema nodosum. I had gotten mono earlier that year and it triggered a virus that I already had in my body. This made me "allergic" to the synthetic estrogen in my birthcontrol pills. I stopped taking them and the "cysts" went away. So, maybe you have some sort of allergy that has just now started bothering you. I would go to a dermatologist and ask about this. I am a terrible speller, but you should be able to google erythema nodosum and it will come up. Hope this helps!
    banama 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • I wasallergic to milk as a child and had to drink soy milk. I grew out ofit. As an adult I began to get cystic acne on my back whenever I wouldeat ice cream or pizza. Eating greenleafy vegetables and avoiding sugar and milk keep new ones from developing. I will soon try Dr. Christopher's cyst and tumor treatments. I will come back and tell you all how it went. Herballegacy.com is the website. I believe this is a good site to learn "what causes" cysts and how to get rid of them. Talk to you soon.
    Trenaelam 1 Replies
    • October 3, 2013
    • 04:47 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I used to get cysts and had 2 surgically removed. Diet was a very large factor. If you cut out sugar and dairy and food devoid of nutrition, you will probably stop getting them. If I were in your shoes I'd be detoxing and juicing to cleanse the body. Also, look up ginger compresses. They are very effective in helping to break down the cysts.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 8, 2013
    • 05:22 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I know this is a very old post… but maybe my response can still help someone stumbling across this thread on Google.If you get sebaceous cysts often, particularly in the armpit, groin, or under breast area, you should see your dermatologist and ask about Hidradenitis Suppurativa. It is a chronic condition that ranges in severity from getting one cyst a year to getting several each month.Most women outgrow the condition once they reach menopause, suggesting that this is a hormonal imbalance and/or autoimmune condition. Hidradenitis Suppurativa is sometimes diagnosed along with other autoimmune diseases such as PCOS, Crohn’s, or Celiac. For this reason, it is imperative that you find the underlying cause of your recurring cysts and make some lifestyle changes to protect your health.Medical treatments involve antibiotics, hormonal therapy, steroid injection, incision and drainage, or complete excision. At first sight of a cyst, you should apply a warm moist compress twice daily to help the cyst come to a head and drain naturally. Doctors also recommend washing with antibacterial soap, avoiding hot/humid weather, and avoiding jacuzzi tubs. While these treatments are helpful in the short term to ease your immediate pain, they will not cure the underlying problem.There are alternative treatments that have helped many people control their HS symptoms.1) First, you need to quit smoking. It’s hard, yes, but you absolutely must do it!! Even if you are only a social smoker… every cigarette counts (and second hand counts too).2) Second, change your eating/drinking habits. Many people have found intolerances to wheat (gluten), dairy, alcohol, or even potatoes. Try going on an elimination diet, keep a food diary, and slowly re-introduce foods to see what triggers your cysts. Then simply avoid those foods to stay healthy.3) Third, relieve your stress! The more you relax and have a positive outlook, the better you will feel. You can meditate, take a warm bath, read a good book – whatever helps you de-stress. In time, the cysts will go away and you will be back to your normal self.I hope this helps someone out there. Just know that you’re not alone and there are many others who have managed to beat this chronic illness. I wish all of you the best of health!
    qtchic86 1 Replies
    • January 3, 2014
    • 08:50 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement