Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

A bump on my lip and sort of white looking. Please help, I'm scared.

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 11 Replies
  • Posted By: rachul
  • January 22, 2008
  • 02:55 AM

I have a bump slightly to the right of my lip. It just feels swelled, but it doesn't hurt at all unless I push on it some. Today I was looking in the mirror and stretched my lip so it looked tighter and I noticed that to the right of that bump, there are smooth white patchs. They're not big patches, they kind of just look like little circles dotting my lip.

None of it burns or itches or anything. I noticed the bump quite some time ago, but I figured I just bumped my lip or something and didn't worry about it. But now that I see the white.. things, I'm totally scared.

Please someone help. I'm so scared and I don't even have a clue what it would be. I don't know anything about medical stuff or anything. Could someone explain what this could be? I can attempt to take pictures tommrow, if I get batteries for my camera.

Please help. I'm desperate.

Love,
Rachul.

Reply Flag this Discussion

11 Replies:

• EDIT : The white dot things are in sort of a thin line running across my lip, not only to the right. When I looked at it the first time, I had not seen the other side. Please, someone help.
    rachul 1 Replies
    • January 22, 2008
    • 03:18 AM
    Flag this Response
  • rachul, you seem to have the similar symptoms as i do. no pain, white dots about 1mm or smaller...spreading. mine are on the top middle lip which have recently become too visual and smaller ones linning the sides of my lips. i know they are not herpes or some sort of warts(doctor told me) but the doc also couldnt tell me specifically what it is. im going to a dermatologist here in a couple days. after freaking the ^#%$*^%# OUT and researching the ***l out of this the best of my limited medical knowlege can muster is that it is most likely Forcydes condition which is some sort of oil gland or some crap that form in most people and most times cant even be seen at puberty but also can look like a f-ing std after a while or cheilitus... since my lil white bumps showed up around my early to mid teens...and have never really bothered me until lately where they grew in numbers and size, figure that might be it. but just chill since if it is that, it can be caused by stress. just joined the army a year ago so it explains the spreading. go check with a dermatology-dude. they will prolly just say its nothing and remove it for ya :) at least i hope :#
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • EDIT : The white dot things are in sort of a thin line running across my lip, not only to the right. When I looked at it the first time, I had not seen the other side. Please, someone help.I too, am having the same exact problem!! This bump just magically appeared and it seems to be getting bigger. It makes my upper lip look swollen. When I lift my lip up, where the bump is located, I see small white bumps, sort of in a line. Almost like I bit my lip or something. I have no idea what is going on!! I'm freaking out over here!! What could it be???? It's very annoying! Does anyone have any idea what this is or what may have caused it??
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 2, 2010
    • 04:59 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i have the same thing and i looked it up and this is what i found and numerous ways to treat it http://www.kadavy.net/blog/posts/lump-in-mouth-or-lip-maybe-a-mucocele/
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 13, 2011
    • 02:27 AM
    Flag this Response
  • check this out maybe thats the problemhttp://www.kadavy.net/blog/posts/lump-in-mouth-or-lip-maybe-a-mucocele/
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 13, 2011
    • 02:29 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Im ten and the same thing is happening to me. Everyone is noticing and its really embarrasing, my mom said it would just go away but its been on my upper lip 4 about a month or two. Any suggestions???
  • I have something almost the same but its a little different I have this bump on my lower lip on the right side of my lip and yesterday it was the same color as my lip but now its all white I'm still trying to figure out what it is but right now I'm freaking out any suggeations
  • sounds like a cold sore virus.. :(
  • I'm so scared! I have the exact same thing on my upper lip and i don't know what to do. At first my dad thought it was a type of herpes like a cold sore since he always get them. I treated it with cold sore cream but it didn't help, actually it just made it harder and weirder. I've been searching the internet like crazy and I really want to go to the doctor but haven't had time yet. Somebody, please help! I don't want a bump like this on my lip forever, it's gross and disgusting.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 14, 2011
    • 09:12 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I went to the dentist yesterday for fillings and impressions, I wake up this morning and I have a painful white bump in the corner of my top lip. Ive never had cold sores or fever blisters. Dont think thats what it is, but not sure of what it is. It also has a metal taste to it when I put my tongue to it. And Its hard. Any idea of what it could be?
    Shana6885 1 Replies
    • December 14, 2012
    • 02:35 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hello all, I have a similar problem and I consulted a dermatologist. He said that it is because of a gland which is growing more than what is expected, and this is quiet normal with many people. He suggested to go with a laser treatment which will give a temporary relief for few days or months to get the gland regrow. Hope this information helps.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • January 16, 2014
    • 09:45 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement