Discussions By Condition: Cardiovascular disease

Fast pulse, lightheadedness, chest pain...

Posted In: Cardiovascular disease 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 20, 2008
  • 11:46 PM

I'm a 21 year old female, nonsmoker. I eat pretty healthy and exercise. I am average weight.

I've had a lot of "random" symptoms and I dont know which of them are related so here's a list:

-Cold hands and feet
-High sensitivity to cold; often feel very cold when others are warm
-Sometimes get pain in lower arms and legs, feels like blood isn't flowing
-Occasional stabbing pain in chest, usually to the left side
-Bruised and sometimes throbbing pain in left breast towards underarm
-Fast pulse (when I exercise it gets really bad and I get so lightheaded that my vision goes fuzzy). My BP is normal-to-low.
-"Exercise-induced asthma" -- the other day I went on a trampoline and within 5 minutes I was coughing, wheezing, and my throat/mouth tasted metallic like blood
-random nausea and/or lightheadedness
-heartburn, to the point where bubbles of acid float up to my throat. This happens whether I've recently eaten or not, doesnt seem to be a response to any particular type of food, and gets extremely bad whenever I get sick (sick meaning runny nose, fever, etc. not vomiting)

I've also had a couple of what have been labelled as panic attacks that went like this:
Suddenly get very hot and clammy
Get lightheaded, feel like someone is draining all life from me
Turn ghostly white
Go deaf
Vision goes fuzzy (eyes look glazed over to others)
Black sea rises from the floor
Faint
When I wake up I continue to feel lightheaded and weak for many hours afterwards
These episodes only happen when I stand up and I can stop them before the fainting if I sit down. I've never had any reason to be anxious when they happen so I'm skeptical of the panic attack explanation.

So...does anyone know what might be going on with me? Inhalers, antacids, and iron supplements havent worked. I'm tired of doctors saying there's nothing wrong with me. None of my friends feel like this!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement