Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

upper lip swelling

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 8 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 12, 2006
  • 06:38 AM

hello..!! my name is Raul and im from india... kay what i got is something strange.. my whole left part of the upper lip has swollen and first i ythought it was just a normal swelling.. and due to its irritation.. i pricked it from a safety pin(yeah thats right.. so dumb of me.. shudnt have dunn that... ) but now since i did.. a lot off puss started oozing and it was extremely painfull...lol.. i remeba.. i was having tears.. though i wasnt crying.... kay.. so my mom consults a doctor through a phone and prescribes an anti bacterial antibiotic.. and a sedative for cutting the swelling..(this all was in the night.. but when i wake up in da mornin) i find the thing to be more swollenn.. and im like ***t.. this thing is all blown up..like a baloon and im so scared.. theres even a white colored ****k spot on the exact place that i pricked it... and now im having problem talkin to anyone and een eating.. its really hard to move my lips...it would be relly helpful to me if someone cid juss temme how to get rid of that balloon on my lip.. PLEASE...im a fifteen year old guy.. but htne even im 6.2 so u cud give strong doses too ha ha. .jokes apart..someone please help me....please

Reply Flag this Discussion

8 Replies:

• Hi there. I came across your posting of a swollen upper lip. Have you ever heard of melkersson rosenthal syndrome? it is a rare lip condition where your lips swell. Look it up online and let me know if that seems like something that you might have. I was diagnosed with this 2 years ago. My email ddress is melhead12@aol.com. Good luck with everything!Alyse
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 22, 2006
    • 01:44 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi my name is Brandy and my son has had lip swelling for 5 years and he is only 10 years old now, we have had the allergy test done, and the blood work done from A to Z and still nothing, I really wish we could find out just what is going on with him. Because he is really bright kid who loves school but he has to miss alot of days because he doesn't want anyone to make fun of him. So trust me we know what you are going through.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 11, 2006
    • 07:13 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi Brandy/AlyseWondering if you were able to figure out what the treatment was? I've had the same issue for several years and nothing seems to work. Would appreciate any suggestions.Thanks!
    gkaranth 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • If the swelling is asymetrical it can be caused by a tooth infection in one of your front teeth.
    Felsen 510 Replies Flag this Response
  • what do you mean by asymetrical?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • i have the same problem, left side of upper lip swelling, it happened right after i drank the remains of a bottle of minutemaid lemonade. i looked up benzoate allergy and that is an ingrediant adn lip swelling is a symptom.
  • it sounds like you have MRSA and should go tp the hospital and get it tested because it will not go away on it's own.
  • i have the same problem, left side of upper lip swelling, it happened right after i drank the remains of a bottle of minutemaid lemonade. i looked up benzoate allergy and that is an ingrediant adn lip swelling is a symptom.You know you could be right. Mine happened right after I'd had Diet Coke and I believe that benzoate is also an ingredient in it. Thanx for the heads up!
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement