Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

I'm 19 and feel like I'm being stabbed with pins and needles PLZ HELP!!!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 11 Replies
  • Posted By: cbeauchamp
  • January 19, 2008
  • 07:19 AM

OK I'm 19 for the past 3 months i have been experiencing a feeling like I'm being stabbed by pins and needles. It usually comes on with heat like if i exercise or have a coat on inside and get to hot. It is worse on my scalp, my back, chest, stomach and arms. I went to the doctor and he thinks i have anxiety disorder but i don't get nervous and it doesn't happen when i do. I cant seem to find any help from any one plz help....

Reply Flag this Discussion

11 Replies:

• pins and needles are caused by Traumatic nerve damageNerve entrapmentNerve compressionyou should go to a different dr nerve damage can be caused from drinking to much alcohol
    rachel125 112 Replies
    • January 19, 2008
    • 04:51 PM
    Flag this Response
  • ask him if he's ever heard of shingles...please get a new doctor...
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • January 20, 2008
    • 04:11 AM
    Flag this Response
  • your doctor is likely right.if you do not have any visible skin lesions and you experience the problem when sweating around the areas where most people sweat ie. forehead, neck, chest, underarms, groin, you are getting basically a heat-rash.when you are exposed to rapid changes in air temperature with low humidity your skin develops small fissures along the boundries of you statum corneum. these fissures are then exposed to sweat which is an irritant because it has both bacteria and bacteriolytic enzymes in it. normally, your bare nerve endings of the protopathic sensory system do not react to this, but when you are under a lot of stress or are just having mild anxiety the normal inhibition of the protopathic pathway by the nucleus raphe of the medula is inhibited and you feel a multi-dermatome pain that is usally described by pin stabs or burning.the best solution is to relax, drink a bunch of water, take a shower and turn up the humidistat in your house, a portable humidifier might do the trick as well.you do not have lyme disease since you dont have a bullseye lesion on your body and you are not throwing up or having muscle weakness.you definately do not have shingles, as you would have a band of pustules from your spine to your chest on one side of your body slightly below the nipple that hurts like crazy.i have had the heatrash thing happend to me, actually landed me in hospital because i was dehydrated, had a sunburn and then was painting my friends garage and though that i got the latex paint into my sunburn. had to have a morphine drip for 6 hours just to stop screaming. they thought i was a drug addict. just beacuse its called an anxiety disorder doesnt mean you are crazy, just stressed out.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 20, 2008
    • 04:40 AM
    Flag this Response
  • This is particularly interesting to me due to the fact that I have the same symptoms (including the affected area). I realize that this is an old thread, but would anyone know what the final diagnosis was? Did this person see another doctor?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 31, 2009
    • 06:20 AM
    Flag this Response
  • This is particularly interesting to me due to the fact that I have the same symptoms (including the affected area). I realize that this is an old thread, but would anyone know what the final diagnosis was? Did this person see another doctor? funny thing, when I was younger, I used to get the pins and needles feeling, I never really thought much of it,, I am now 38 and still do get the pins ands needles feeling, now I know why.I was diagnosed with MS in 2004
    atvslim2004 6 Replies
    • January 1, 2010
    • 01:11 AM
    Flag this Response
  • your doctor is likely right.if you do not have any visible skin lesions and you experience the problem when sweating around the areas where most people sweat ie. forehead, neck, chest, underarms, groin, you are getting basically a heat-rash. when you are exposed to rapid changes in air temperature with low humidity your skin develops small fissures along the boundries of you statum corneum. these fissures are then exposed to sweat which is an irritant because it has both bacteria and bacteriolytic enzymes in it. normally, your bare nerve endings of the protopathic sensory system do not react to this, but when you are under a lot of stress or are just having mild anxiety the normal inhibition of the protopathic pathway by the nucleus raphe of the medula is inhibited and you feel a multi-dermatome pain that is usally described by pin stabs or burning. the best solution is to relax, drink a bunch of water, take a shower and turn up the humidistat in your house, a portable humidifier might do the trick as well. you do not have lyme disease since you dont have a bullseye lesion on your body and you are not throwing up or having muscle weakness. you definately do not have shingles, as you would have a band of pustules from your spine to your chest on one side of your body slightly below the nipple that hurts like crazy. i have had the heatrash thing happend to me, actually landed me in hospital because i was dehydrated, had a sunburn and then was painting my friends garage and though that i got the latex paint into my sunburn. had to have a morphine drip for 6 hours just to stop screaming. they thought i was a drug addict. just beacuse its called an anxiety disorder doesnt mean you are crazy, just stressed out. so not true cocky one:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes_zoster Zoster sine herpete describes a patient who has all of the symptoms of herpes zoster except this characteristic rash.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • January 1, 2010
    • 02:29 AM
    Flag this Response
  • pins and needles are caused by Traumatic nerve damageNerve entrapmentNerve compressionyou should go to a different dr nerve damage can be caused from drinking to much alcohol Can damage to the uethra cause the needle poking/ nerve pain? I have this for 2 mths plus now after I have NGU.
    greentea 7 Replies
    • January 1, 2010
    • 08:39 AM
    Flag this Response
  • funny thing, when I was younger, I used to get the pins and needles feeling, I never really thought much of it,, I am now 38 and still do get the pins ands needles feeling, now I know why.I was diagnosed with MS in 2004 Hi can I know what is MS? What it means?
    greentea 7 Replies
    • January 1, 2010
    • 08:41 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi can I know what is MS? What it means? Multiple Sclerosis
    atvslim2004 6 Replies
    • January 1, 2010
    • 01:47 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I get this too. Not numb pins, but literal pokes is what it feels like. I get it when it's hot, or when I just start skating. It seems to go away after a while of skating once I really sweat. I think it has something to do with a lack of water because when I am well hydrated it seems to happen less. Try drinking more water. It should help you not want to scratch your head off. God Bless :)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 1, 2010
    • 08:54 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Please ask any doctor to check your B12 level.And it should solve by taking injections/pills.
    bablu1438 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement