Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

chronic cold hands, fatigue

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: ReneeS14
  • January 17, 2008
  • 00:06 AM

As a whole, I've been suffering from chronic problems that seem to have gotten worse recently. I feel extremely fatigued all the time and have noticed a severe problem with my energy level. My mind feels foggy and I have a hard time with memory and concentration. I'm only 18, so I know age is not the issue. I seem to be more affected by the cold than others. I also notice a bluish/purplish discoloration of my legs and arms sometimes.

My hands are always ice cold. They've been this way for over a year. I never thought too much of it, although people have often told me there had to be something wrong with me. However, recently I've noticed the area underneath my nailbeds is red and inflamed, and appears somewhat shiny. On a few fingers a small sore has developed in the area. I've also had some problems with small sections of skin on my hands becoming extremely dry and itchy. (But I'm not sure if this last problem is due to an illness or simply the winter dryness).

I've had similar problems in the past and my doctor has suggested thyroid dysfunction, but the tests always come back fine. CBCs are always fine too.
I feel like I'm crazy for thinking I'm sick. However, I know there's a problem and it's severely affecting my life. Does anyone have any suggestions to what it might be? What tests should I ask for?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement