Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Constant Urge To Urinate

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 16, 2008
  • 02:45 PM

Hello Everyone,

I'm a 24 year old Male student and my problem started about 2 years ago now.
I was out for the New Year and was drinking a lot.
The next day I woke up very dehydrated and noticed that I had a constant urge to urinate. Every time I went to the toilet I would struggle to pass urine.
Straining for 10 minutes or longer at a time very little would pass and 5 - 10 minutes later I would get the feeling to urinate back again!

I went to see my doctor about this and he prescribed me antibiotics with an initial diagnosis of cystitis.
The antibiotics made no improvement to my symptoms at all.

I went to see a urologist about my symptoms and had some checks done (flow rate, bloody test, x-ray to check for kidney stones, telescope inserted into my urethra to check bladder),
also an ultrasound scan to check if my bladder was empty after urinating, which it was.

All tests came back as normal and no one could figure out why I was having these symptoms.

Now, I tend to get the feeling for needing to urinate after around 30mins from the previous time. It feels like a small amount of urine gets stuck
in my urethra after passing urine, and I often get the feeling that some leaks out a while after.
(Which often results in me panicking as I still get the urge that I need to urinate, thinking I am going to wet myself and forcing myself to go to the toilet for those few minutes of relief afterwards).

Can anyone help? My doctors and the hospital don't really seem to know what could be causing it!
Its been something thats been going on for so long now I'm getting desperate for an answer!

Thanks in advance :)

DDS

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement