Discussions By Condition: Sleep disorders

sleeping up to 14 hours and still tired.

Posted In: Sleep disorders 0 Replies
  • Posted By: ell_em
  • January 12, 2008
  • 08:38 PM

i am 21 and for as long as i can remember i have been incredibly "lazy" or so iv always been told. i can sleep in till 3pm and still feel tired, and if i drag myself out of bed for work at 8am i cant concentrate and feel lithargic and sleepy all day, i dont go to bed late either, usually around midnight. even if i go to sleep at 10pm i would have trouble getting up at 10am. if no one drags me out of bed i will sleep for around 12 - 14 hours. i know its not laziness, i dont want to be like this, i envy anyone who can get up at 8am and go for a walk, i wish i could do that but i physically cant. its making me very sad because i am literally sleeping my life away when i should be enjoying life. doctors just hand me anti depressants, which i dont want nor need, im not depressed, but it does get me down obviousley, but other than that i am a very happy upbeat person. i so badly want to change, does anyone have any idea what it could be? maybe i can tell the doctors what iv got before they hand me pills!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement