Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Mystery illness, gas, bloat, air hunger, fatigue

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: melz66
  • January 7, 2008
  • 03:14 PM

Help!!! I'm a 40 year old female. I have been suffering multiple symptoms affecting my entire body for the past 4 years. Symptoms include; stomach bloating, frequent excessive bouts of gas, air hunger(feeling I cannot take in enough air), difficulty swallowing which fluctuates in intensity, extreme fatigue--it feels as though the inside of my body is tired!! I take two naps a day just to do normal activity. I wake up in the morning feeling like I was run over by a truck. Muscles and joints ache. Overexertion (which would be normal activity for anyone else) requires over a week of rest to recover.
Upper endoscopy showed no problems. Pelvic CAT scan was fine. Diagnosed with minor food sensitivities and starved myself on a rotation diet for 3 months but saw no change in the GI symptoms. Treated for yeast overgrowth syndrome and actually got worse. Negative tests for H-pyelori. Lupus has been considered and rejected by at least 5 Doctors
Finally, was diagnosed with Lyme disease & treated for 7 months on antibiotics, and experienced improvement of other symptoms (fevers, night sweats, headaches, dizziness, some joint pain relief) However, the above symptoms still remain and I am at my wits end. I am Very depressed over living in pain and discomfort every day. So if anyone has experienced something similiar or have any ideas as to what this could be, I would be so grateful for your comments. I just need a direction. I don't know where to go with this anymore. Thank you for reading this long post.
Melz

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement