Discussions By Condition: Breast Conditions

sudden overnight breast lump-im worried

Posted In: Breast Conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: oceanbreezes
  • January 5, 2008
  • 10:40 PM

Hello, overnight, got a lump in breast that came that I can feel easily. It feels thick and inch wide. This was not here last night when i took my shower. My period starts next week. I am 43. The skin and nipple looks normal. Can cancer lumps grow that fast? No lumps in right breast. Has anyone had experiences with lumps that scared them right before their period.

I remember, 2 years ago, had a lump in right breast near nipple area, which scared me, (but no lumps in left breast) , but it eventually went away.

I dont smoke or drink coffee. I have been eating more chocolate and sugar.

I am very scared and worried. Thanks for reading and any comments or advice.

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• Went to Ob/Gyn yesterday. Dr. thought 95 % sure was a cyst, due to the fact it was palpable and smooth and not irregular. He states cancer lumps are not smooth and grow irregular and dont come around like that overnight. He sent me to have mamogram and ultrasound. Today, had my mamogram and the radiologist definitely wanted to do ultrasound in both breasts. (That scared me somewhat). Had the ultrasound in both breasts after the mamogram and diagnosis was cysts. Boy, was a relieved. I couldn't even feel the cyst in the right breast. Gosh, I am relieved and thank God. This has awakended me. Just never thought this ordeal would put me thru the whirlwind of emotions that it did. I thought about alot of things. :)
    oceanbreezes 1 Replies
    • January 10, 2008
    • 00:53 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Have you gotten breast yet if not that means your in stage 2 CONGRATS!that means you have breast well a breast lump that means your breast have started to come in you have to wear a trainign braw then
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 16, 2010
    • 09:36 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Thank you so much for posting the update! i'm 19 and i have just found the exact same thing as you, large, hard swelling in my left breast over night. I've been so nervous! But your post has relieved me a little :) I'm still going to go to the doctors for a check up anyway though. Thanks again!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement