Discussions By Condition: Repiratory conditions

Chest Pain/Pain While Breathing

Posted In: Repiratory conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 10, 2006
  • 01:04 PM

This has been happening just recently, within the past month. If I twist a certain way while lying down on my left side, I'll feel a sharp stabbing sensation in the left side of my chest. Whatever it is, this motion is what triggers it.

After that first sharp stabbing sensation, assuming I do not move and take shallow breaths, I will not feel anything more. However, as soon as I bend, twist or breathe in or out deeply, the pain will come. It's intensity depends on how much I move. If I move very little, it won't hurt much. If I move a lot, the pain increases. Eventually, usually after a half hour to an hour, the pain will dissappear on its own.

I am typing this now after having woken up from yet another experience. This time something peculiar happened; I felt like yawning, but actually acted on the impulse this time. Rather than percieving a sharp increase in pain like I expected, I felt a bump or pop in the left side of my chest, and the pain vanished immediately.

There's still a little bit of... not pain really - it feels kinda like heartburn, except very mild, and on my left side where I was experiencing the sharp pain before, but it's otherwise gone now.

Any idea what could be causing this pain?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement