Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

mucus in stool, Gas, Bloating

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 20 Replies
  • Posted By: jmr2000
  • January 2, 2008
  • 09:35 PM

My husband has had mucus in his stools (actually no stools, just mucus comes out), gas, a swollen stomache with discomfort, pain under his ribs, and his tongue is wierd looking... like swollen with teethmarks on the side. His bowel movements are normal....no diarreah or constipation.

He has seen doctors and been diagnosed with everything from ulcerative proctits to internal hemmroids. It seems like the diagnosis keeps changing. The latest colonoscopy showed internal hemmroids and no proctitis.

This has been going on for 5 years now and none of the meds have ever worked. All of his symptoms seem to kind of fit, but never exactly fit with proctitis or hemmroids.

Does anyone have any ideas or a similar problem? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion

20 Replies:

• This might be a problem that would respond to the allergy diets, particularly celiac. It seems his whole digestive tract is inflamed. Cut out all sugars, acidic fruit and beer. Treatment depends on the cause of proctitis. For example, the physician may prescribe antibiotics for proctitis caused by bacterial infection. If the inflammation is caused by Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis, the physician may recommend the drug 5-aminosalicyclic acid (5ASA) or corticosteroids applied directly to the area in enema or suppository form, or taken orally in pill form. Enema and suppository applications are usually more effective, but some patients may require a combination of oral and rectal applications.
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies
    • January 3, 2008
    • 11:28 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Thanks for your info. Fat malabsorbtion and celiac disease (spelling?) are the newest thing he is looking into. He doesn't seem to be an exact match to the symptoms, but its definately worth looking into. He was diagnosed with Ulcerative Proctitis and put on a suppository called Canasa. He was also given some pills and I don't remember the name of it... but none of the meds have ever worked. Then, when our insurance changed and he saw a new doc who did a colonoscopy and swares its hemmroids and not proctitis or colitis. He prescribed a different med that seemed to work at first, but doesn't anymore. Now, he has switched jobs and our insurance changed again and he will be seeing a new doc again and this time, I'm trying to be more prepared. He has tried to cut out all gluten before and he thought it was helping, but then decided it wasn't. I think he was kind of cheating though. So he is going to do a 2 week diary of everything he ate, and bathroom patterns. Also, he'll bring his medical history and ask for a celiatic disease test and fat malabsorbtion test. Anything else he should be tested for????? Even though it's been 5 years, is there still a bacteria or paricite test they should do??
    jmr2000 8 Replies
    • January 3, 2008
    • 02:32 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Thanks for your info. Fat malabsorbtion and celiac disease (spelling?) are the newest thing he is looking into. He doesn't seem to be an exact match to the symptoms, but its definately worth looking into. He was diagnosed with Ulcerative Proctitis and put on a suppository called Canasa. He was also given some pills and I don't remember the name of it... but none of the meds have ever worked. Then, when our insurance changed and he saw a new doc who did a colonoscopy and swares its hemmroids and not proctitis or colitis. He prescribed a different med that seemed to work at first, but doesn't anymore. Now, he has switched jobs and our insurance changed again and he will be seeing a new doc again and this time, he's trying to be more prepared. He has tried to cut out all gluten before and he thought it was helping, but then decided it wasn't. I think he was cheating though. So he is going to do a 2 week diary of everything he ate, and bathroom patterns. Also, he'll bring his medical history and ask for a celiatic disease test and fat malabsorbtion test. Anything else he should be tested for????? Even though it's been 5 years, is there still a bacteria or paricite test they should do??
    jmr2000 8 Replies
    • January 3, 2008
    • 02:33 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I thought the #1 symptom of crohns and colitis is diareah and constipation. Can you have it if you don't have those symptoms?
    jmr2000 8 Replies
    • January 3, 2008
    • 02:38 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I agree partially with Rad-skw. "This might be a problem that would respond to the allergy diets, particularly celiac. It seems his whole digestive tract is inflamed. Cut out all sugars, acidic fruit and beer."In addition, I want to focus on the inflammation. Inflammation is a bigger problem than most doctors realize. Get some Aloe Gel from a health food store or GNC, Vitamin World etc... It is about $36 for a gallon. Drink 3 ounces three times a day. If Rad it correct and I am correct about the inflammation, you will be much better in a week! You have nothing to lose but $36. I drink the stuff daily and have for many years. Beyond that... you can really zap the inflammation with Managosteen juice.. but that is a life long disease prevention stratetgy.Keep us informed! LucidBoomerhttp://www.bcfirst.com/juicehttp://www.lucidboomer.comMy husband has had mucus in his stools (actually no stools, just mucus comes out), gas, a swollen stomache with discomfort, pain under his ribs, and his tongue is wierd looking... like swollen with teethmarks on the side. His bowel movements are normal....no diarreah or constipation. He has seen doctors and been diagnosed with everything from ulcerative proctits to internal hemmroids. It seems like the diagnosis keeps changing. The latest colonoscopy showed internal hemmroids and no proctitis. This has been going on for 5 years now and none of the meds have ever worked. All of his symptoms seem to kind of fit, but never exactly fit with proctitis or hemmroids. Does anyone have any ideas or a similar problem? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    LucidBoomer 6 Replies
    • January 3, 2008
    • 07:29 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Thanks for both your suggestions. He is keeping a food diary and cutting out sugars, gluten & beer. Is red wine is ok still? We also got that aloe gel. I'll let you all know if it works. Thanks for your help.
    jmr2000 8 Replies
    • January 8, 2008
    • 02:23 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Dear LucidBoomer and rad-skw - We have taken your advice and have seen improvements! My husband thinks the aloe gel is working a lot. He still has all the same symptoms but it is much more manageable. Thanks. He has had more tests done and so far it is just getting more confusing. His ultrasound showed "fatty liver" but the doctor said it is nothing to worry about right now and that he just needs to lose weight. I looked it up on the net and it seemed more serious than the doc made it seem, but I will get more info on it when he goes back. He has another colonoscopy scheduled for a few weeks and they are going to test again for Crohns disease. Also, we are still waiting to get the results for celiac disease. Thank you so much for your advise.
    jmr2000 8 Replies
    • January 29, 2008
    • 02:44 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I was looking up "fatty liver" also and it did sound truly dire. I think we should call it the rich man's disease....ourselves!... compared to say someone in a third world country. It used to be gout.
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies
    • January 30, 2008
    • 01:13 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Though this article is on diet and liver disease (for people with cirrhosis) some of the guidelines may help for fatty liver disease as fatty liver disease can progress to cirrhosis depending on the cause of the fatty liver and if any steps are taken that might help for each individual case. To answer your question on if red wine is ok or not for your hubby with fatty liver disease.... Personally I'd stay away from alcohol; it is ******n the liver. I also have had a porphyria attack so I stay away from red wine as it is a known porphyrigenic food/drink. It is also loaded with sulphites. JMO Link on diet and liver disease:http://www.northcumbriahealth.nhs.uk/~a82024/SelfHelp/PALs/Liver%20disease%20and%20diet%20(cirrhosis).htm Excerpt from the above link to answer your question on red wine ok to drink: Alcohol A high intake of alcohol is toxic to the liver. The liver protects your body from the toxic effects of alcohol by breaking it down to less harmful substances. It takes a normal liver about one hour to clear one unit of alcohol. Any more than this and it has trouble processing the excess.What is a unit of alcohol?one glass of wine one pub measure of spirits 1/2 pint of ordinary strength beerSome people with liver problems can drink within the recommended guidelines whilst others should not drink at all (for further information please read our Alcohol and Liver Disease leaflet). The latest thinking on alcohol and liver disease suggests:If you have liver damage caused by excess alcohol you must not drink If you have long term liver disease caused by hepatitis B and C or even if you are a healthy carrier of hepatitis B you should avoid alcohol. If you have mild liver disease from other causes there is currently no evidence to say that you cannot drink within recommended guidelines, if your doctor agrees. However, most doctors would advise caution. Some people can no longer tolerate alcohol and do not fancy a drink, whilst others can drink a little on special occasions. Sensible drinking advice will vary from person to person, even if they have the same liver disease. This is because their disease may take a different form or is more severe. It will also depend on the type and stage of liver disease and your general health. It may also be because doctors take different views. If you are unsure whether it is advisable for you to drink you should ask your doctor. Thanks for both your suggestions. He is keeping a food diary and cutting out sugars, gluten & beer. Is red wine is ok still? We also got that aloe gel. I'll let you all know if it works. Thanks for your help.
    TaylorDeelwithit 382 Replies
    • January 30, 2008
    • 05:44 PM
    Flag this Response
  • These two links are very helpful links: the cnn link taks about the liver and how to take care of this very important organ. The second link is full of patient information on lots of GI diseases and complaints, including info to help deal with the various diseases out there involving GI tract/liver/pancreas/ etc.. http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/DG/00038.htmlCNN YOUR LIVER :AN OWNERS GUIDE http://www.uihealthcare.com/topics/digestivesystem/catdige.htmlHealth UNIVERSITY OF IOWA Information Topics for Digestive System Thanks for both your suggestions. He is keeping a food diary and cutting out sugars, gluten & beer. Is red wine is ok still? We also got that aloe gel. I'll let you all know if it works. Thanks for your help.
    • January 30, 2008
    • 05:50 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi JMR2000,If he has fatty liver and needs to loose weight, besides the obvious diet and exercise you might consider this. Get some CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) and some Super Alpha Lipoic Acid from any good health food store. Take one of each of them with every meal. They are marvelous at emulsifying fats. This will help his liver immensely. Next get some "Hemp Hearts" or Hemp nuts as they are also called. You get these from the health food store too.Google "hemp hearts" then read the write up on this stuff. It is super high in protein and has more of the important fatty acids that any other food source. What I noticed was that it tends to make you feel full and satisfied. Three teaspoons of the hemp nuts on your toast or in your yogurt in the morning and three more at noon... and you won't feel hungry at all. I have noticeably reduced my food intake since starting on the hemp nuts. If your husband does this, he will start to lose weight naturally without modifying his diet.Lucidboomer. Dear LucidBoomer and rad-skw - We have taken your advice and have seen improvements! My husband thinks the aloe gel is working a lot. He still has all the same symptoms but it is much more manageable. Thanks. He has had more tests done and so far it is just getting more confusing. His ultrasound showed "fatty liver" but the doctor said it is nothing to worry about right now and that he just needs to lose weight. I looked it up on the net and it seemed more serious than the doc made it seem, but I will get more info on it when he goes back. He has another colonoscopy scheduled for a few weeks and they are going to test again for Crohns disease. Also, we are still waiting to get the results for celiac disease. Thank you so much for your advise.
    LucidBoomer 6 Replies
    • February 20, 2008
    • 09:10 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• You should definitely explore the possibility of candida (yeast) overgrowth as well. Especially given your description of his "scalloped" tongue. As tiny as candida is, it can cause a whole world of trouble if your natural flora balance is tipped in its growing favour.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 21, 2008
    • 05:34 AM
    Flag this Response
  • IBS (irritable bowel disorder) or IBD (inflammatory bowel diseases) are possibilities... lots of testing needs to be done to rule out IBD diseases. Here are some links on IBS...http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/ibs_ez/http://www.aboutibs.org/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irritable_bowel_syndrome My husband has had mucus in his stools (actually no stools, just mucus comes out), gas, a swollen stomache with discomfort, pain under his ribs, and his tongue is wierd looking... like swollen with teethmarks on the side. His bowel movements are normal....no diarreah or constipation. He has seen doctors and been diagnosed with everything from ulcerative proctits to internal hemmroids. It seems like the diagnosis keeps changing. The latest colonoscopy showed internal hemmroids and no proctitis. This has been going on for 5 years now and none of the meds have ever worked. All of his symptoms seem to kind of fit, but never exactly fit with proctitis or hemmroids. Does anyone have any ideas or a similar problem? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    • February 22, 2008
    • 00:57 AM
    Flag this Response
  • This article may be helpful for your husband... on probiotics and how they can help with inflammation (mucus)... I got a bad infection this year and that set off extreme gastrointestinal symptoms. I Also have gastritis gerd and some gastroparesis.... I have found probiotics and aloe vera juice are helping whereas the meds the dr has given didn't... its worth a shot.... so look into it. I use georges aloe vera juice.... and slippery elm lozenges between meals. Ginger tea for spasms, nausea, inflammation, pain. Crossing my fingers...but I am finally making headway and feeling better after months of being in extreme pain from the gastritis and other abdominal pain. I have had a porphyria attack during the infection.... so I must limit my medicines. In desperation I tried the aloe vera.... whoa... worked better than antacids and probably won't affect my GI tract as much as antacids either. For me, the aloe vera stops the pain and soothes the stomach and the GERD area (esophagas) The probiotics stopped the diarrea. I recommend and use organic lactose free milk (organic valley brand) and the stoney field farm organic lowfat plain yogurt. I have been taking some with every meal and drink some mixed in pure water ( with a bit of honey between meals too). I also added some PBG probiotic caps into my regimen. What really soothes me and helped so far.... a cocktail of carnation instant breakfast, 1 cup lactose free organic milk, and a spoon or so of yogurt. I added some psyillium for fiber (1-2 tsps works for me and follow up the probiotic mix with extra pure (no chlorine water) as I don't want the chlorine to kill my good guys. My probiotic concoction sounds what they used in the experiment (the malted beverage) and it really helped me as I couldn't eat without pain before resorting to these probiotic shakes. I finally stopped losing weight! The spasms and pain are much less and hopefully the gastritis will heal up with the improved nutrition and good bugs I am adding to the mix. I won't be able to do this probiotic coctail mix forever as it is awfully rich in cals and such... but right now I need to stop the wilting away that has been happening to my body from not eating enough due to a whole lot of pain. Anyway look into probiotics (and prebiotics which is good fiber to feed the little good guys) ... it may be helpful.http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/the-promise-of-probioticshttp://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/the-promise-of-probiotics?page=2 The pain under the ribs could be gastritis or ulcers; gall bladder, pancreatitis ... fatty liver also. He should be rechecked if he hasn't been rechecked lately, drs can miss ulcers and gastritis and the h. pylori test can give false negative results. Do get into a good GI dr and get rechecked.... the pain under the ribs needs to be dxd and watched closely. It could be serious, the liver may be inflamed. Or it could be bad gas/bloat/colic/heartburn. But it needs an accurate dx soon. Hope your hubby gets to feeling better soon.... now I will close and eat another meal with some good probiotic bugs ..... yum! Let us know if the dr finds anything... Also... what happens when your husband drinks something acidy... say OJ, or lemon juice in water etc? I cannot drink these without pain... I suspect such stuff irritates my inflammed stomach lining. If drinking acidy stuff or eating vinegary stuff causes pain... it could be gastritis, esophagitis or an ulcer that the acid is irritating.... see a dr if so. My husband has had mucus in his stools (actually no stools, just mucus comes out), gas, a swollen stomache with discomfort, pain under his ribs, and his tongue is wierd looking... like swollen with teethmarks on the side. His bowel movements are normal....no diarreah or constipation. He has seen doctors and been diagnosed with everything from ulcerative proctits to internal hemmroids. It seems like the diagnosis keeps changing. The latest colonoscopy showed internal hemmroids and no proctitis. This has been going on for 5 years now and none of the meds have ever worked. All of his symptoms seem to kind of fit, but never exactly fit with proctitis or hemmroids. Does anyone have any ideas or a similar problem? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    • February 22, 2008
    • 01:27 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I want to add... if GERD is a problem.... it is a good idea to not lie flat when sleeping or to go to sleep too soon after a meal.... as reflux will happen and further inflame the food pipe. When I drink my dairy probiotic concoction described in my earlier post I make sure to keep upright for hours afterword. The aloe vera juice stops the pain quickly and seems to sooth the inflammation.... but I'd recommend to not assume any cures and have a dr check the healing progress as the aloe juice could just be masking the pain for all I know. But I am crossing my fingers this new approach I have embarked upon and seems to be working will do what the drs meds could not do for a very long time.... give me my life back free from abdominal pain and able to eat normally again. I may never be able to eat very fatty foods (which is bad stuff anyway for your body). I may never be able to eat super acidy foods (I hope I can heal up enough to enjoy OJ again). But I pray more than anything to end the disabling stomach pain. I do hope your husband gets his upper abdominal pain diagnosed before it progresses to the point I got to. Delay can make things so much worse, so keep seeking the answers you must have in order to get well.Take care.;) This article may be helpful for your husband... on probiotics and how they can help with inflammation (mucus)... I got a bad infection this year and that set off extreme gastrointestinal symptoms. I Also have gastritis gerd and some gastroparesis.... I have found probiotics and aloe vera juice are helping whereas the meds the dr has given didn't... its worth a shot.... so look into it. I use georges aloe vera juice.... and slippery elm lozenges between meals. Ginger tea for spasms, nausea, inflammation, pain. Crossing my fingers...but I am finally making headway and feeling better after months of being in extreme pain from the gastritis and other abdominal pain. I have had a porphyria attack during the infection.... so I must limit my medicines. In desperation I tried the aloe vera.... whoa... worked better than antacids and probably won't affect my GI tract as much as antacids either. For me, the aloe vera stops the pain and soothes the stomach and the GERD area (esophagas) The probiotics stopped the diarrea. I recommend and use organic lactose free milk (organic valley brand) and the stoney field farm organic lowfat plain yogurt. I have been taking some with every meal and drink some mixed in pure water ( with a bit of honey between meals too). I also added some PBG probiotic caps into my regimen. What really soothes me and helped so far.... a cocktail of carnation instant breakfast, 1 cup lactose free organic milk, and a spoon or so of yogurt. I added some psyillium for fiber (1-2 tsps works for me and follow up the probiotic mix with extra pure (no chlorine water) as I don't want the chlorine to kill my good guys. My probiotic concoction sounds what they used in the experiment (the malted beverage) and it really helped me as I couldn't eat without pain before resorting to these probiotic shakes. I finally stopped losing weight! The spasms and pain are much less and hopefully the gastritis will heal up with the improved nutrition and good bugs I am adding to the mix. I won't be able to do this probiotic coctail mix forever as it is awfully rich in cals and such... but right now I need to stop the wilting away that has been happening to my body from not eating enough due to a whole lot of pain. Anyway look into probiotics (and prebiotics which is good fiber to feed the little good guys) ... it may be helpful.http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/the-promise-of-probioticshttp://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/the-promise-of-probiotics?page=2 The pain under the ribs could be gastritis or ulcers; gall bladder, pancreatitis ... fatty liver also. He should be rechecked if he hasn't been rechecked lately, drs can miss ulcers and gastritis and the h. pylori test can give false negative results. Do get into a good GI dr and get rechecked.... the pain under the ribs needs to be dxd and watched closely. It could be serious, the liver may be inflamed. Or it could be bad gas/bloat/colic/heartburn. But it needs an accurate dx soon. Hope your hubby gets to feeling better soon.... now I will close and eat another meal with some good probiotic bugs ..... yum! Let us know if the dr finds anything... Also... what happens when your husband drinks something acidy... say OJ, or lemon juice in water etc? I cannot drink these without pain... I suspect such stuff irritates my inflammed stomach lining. If drinking acidy stuff or eating vinegary stuff causes pain... it could be gastritis, esophagitis or an ulcer that the acid is irritating.... see a dr if so.
    • February 22, 2008
    • 03:05 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I just read your blog about your husbands problem, I hope by now you have solved the problem. If not please get the Celiac test. The blood screening Test is: "Anti-Transglutaminase AB" . This is only a screening for the anti-body that the body produces as a reaction to gluten. The gold standard test is a biopsy done on the small inestine with an endoscope (not a colonoscopy). The biopsy is the only way to know 100% for sure if you have Celiac disease. With untreated Celiac disease you are at a high risk for lymphomia. Celiac is mostly undiagnosed with about 1 in 150 to 200 people having the disease. I have had the disease all my life, it is hereditary. I was diagnosed one year ago at the age of 53. I had complained many years to several doctors about different bowel symptions, they all said I was ok and that my symptoms showed that everything was working ok. (Including my gastroenterologist that always did my colonosocpys!) I beleive that most doctors are not aware of Celiac Disease. Celiac is the small intestines reaction to Gluten protein found in: Wheat, Barley, Rye, and somewhat Oats. I hope you don't have it it is a very difficult diet to maintain-a lifestyle change. Also if you do have it, your close blood relatives have a 1 in 10 chance of having it, they should get the test too. I have been able to eliminate Gluten from my diet after about nine months of trying. My antibody count one year ago was 159, now it is 7. normal is less than 3. It is an ongoing process, and you find yourself reading labels all the time - gluten seems to be in everything. There are many websites dedicated to Celiac Disease, just Google it-thats how I found your blog. Good luck!
    emacnews 1 Replies
    • January 20, 2009
    • 03:14 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hello JMR2000,I have the same exact symptoms as your husband and I was wondering if you have found any solutions. I have tried the gluten free thing as well and it seemed to help and then it didnt but like your husband I cheated a little. If you find anything please do share. This is the most uncomfortable I have ever felt in my own skin. Thank you
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 1, 2009
    • 00:37 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I had similar symtoms and tested positive for H-pylori. Have they tested him for that yet. Bacteria that lives in the stomach. can cause gas, bloating, mucus in stool etc. Also milk thistle is great for cleansing the liver. you can find it at a health food store.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 2, 2009
    • 06:03 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I had similar symtoms and tested positive for H-pylori. Have they tested him for that yet. Bacteria that lives in the stomach. can cause gas, bloating, mucus in stool etc. Also milk thistle is great for cleansing the liver. you can find it at a health food store.First, my sympathies to your hubby. I lived with this for 2 months and thought I'd lose my mind. I can't imagine 5 years!I just had a colonoscopy for the exact same symptoms. As a precaution my Dr. put me on 500 MG of Flagyl (actually Metronidazole) for 2 weeks much as you would treat Giardia. I am about 75% of the way through treatment. My gas went away almost immediately and the other symptoms soon followed. Results from colonoscopy just showed chronic colitis (infection in colon) but not a specific cause for infection. I am not a health professional. With that said, I'd ask your doc to treat you as if for Giardia and see if it doesn't help. It sure can't hurt!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 6, 2010
    • 04:27 PM
    Flag this Response
  • First, my sympathies to your hubby. I lived with this for 2 months and thought I'd lose my mind. I can't imagine 5 years!I just had a colonoscopy for the exact same symptoms. As a precaution my Dr. put me on 500 MG of Flagyl (actually Metronidazole) for 2 weeks much as you would treat Giardia. I am about 75% of the way through treatment. My gas went away almost immediately and the other symptoms soon followed. Results from colonoscopy just showed chronic colitis (infection in colon) but not a specific cause for infection. I am not a health professional. With that said, I'd ask your doc to treat you as if for Giardia and see if it doesn't help. It sure can't hurt! I have been battling horrible gas pains and no matter what I tried to change in my diet it was always the same. I have also had the mucus in the stool, hemorrhoids, and some mucus that actually leaked by while not having a bowel movement. I generally eat pretty healthy, but I eat what ever I want. Even water was bubbling in my stomach by the time I swallowed it. It has been this way for over 2 yrs. and the only thing I can figure might be the cause was that I was trying to do a Detoxification and started with a colon cleanse that had a bunch of stuff I bought at a health store. It was said that it might kill off bacteria in the system including the good bacteria. Nothing I tried worked, and I even stood on my head for lengthy times because the gas would get trapped under my left ribs and would not go up or down until did this. Finally I tried the probiotics (once I heard about them) in the name "Colon Health". I don't have any affiliation with any medical anything, but I can say that this has changed everything! I got used to the constant upset stomach and achy pains all through my guts until they were gone after one use. This stuff is almost tasteless and it is a powder that can be put is most noncarbonated drinks or sprinkled on food and eaten. Cereal or yogurts work great, but I usually put it in Metamucil because that has eased the other symptoms with constipation. I am truly a believer in replenishing the good bacteria however you put it there. I can't believe it was this simple and I waited over 2 yrs to figure it out. I thought I'd maybe save someone the hassle and agony it caused me by putting this out there. I feel for everyone of you that has suffered this. Good luck to all of you and I hope this helps.
    Bridges 2 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement