Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Blisters Rash Cough Sore Throat

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 6 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 10, 2006
  • 06:52 AM

About two weeks ago, I had blotchy itchy armpits, groin and **m.
Then I broke out with ten tiny bumps on my fingers and two on my toes. They turned into blisters. One on my index finger joined with others into a large one blister.

Went to the ER they said it looked Poison Ivy and sent me to a dermatologist.
Dermatologist said it's poison ivy and put me on Prednisone and Clobetasol Cream for ten days.

I switced soap to dove and detergent to tide, and washed everything....

Rash is gone. Existing bumps on fingers are gone, but today new ones are arising. I have a Red ichy blotchy hive on foot. I am itchy in random spots.

Now I have a sore throat and a painful dryish cough, and I found a canker inside my mouth on lip-cheek.

I don't know: ivy? Allergy? HFMD? HPV? ???

I am 30 M and do drink abit...

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• Do you take medications? Just about every class of drug can cause Stevens Johnsons Syndrome (SJS). It can range from mild to very severe. Do a Google search on it if you take any meds on a regular basis. A dermatologist can determine this diagnosis easily. If you feel this is a possibility, after reading about it, see a dermatologist.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 10, 2006
    • 02:28 PM
    Flag this Response
  • No, I do not take meds on a regular basis. I Already saw a dermatologist.thank you
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 10, 2006
    • 03:08 PM
    Flag this Response
  • add excessive eye discharge to the list.Doc said that sometimes after meds, a quick flare up can happen but should be very minor...wants me to wait a few more days before I go in for biopsy.I guess the flu like symptoms could be an unrelated coincidence and it's ending in my eye?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 10, 2006
    • 10:36 PM
    Flag this Response
  • The condition is "bullous pemphigold" or blister disease.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 12, 2006
    • 09:19 PM
    Flag this Response
  • It is called bullous pemphigold.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 12, 2006
    • 09:20 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i have tht.....well kindoffive just had a reeli sore throat,bangin hedache and a reeli chesty cough ,so i just assumed it was something thats going round but then after a week i was itchy and when i itched a load of bumps appered on my **m,thighs and back of arm.Im going to go doctors ASAP and research that bullous pemphigold.my skin looks like a map asif all the shapes of the countrys are raised.it may be an allergic reaction to the antibiotics the doctor gave me.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 14, 2008
    • 10:41 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement