Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Blisters Rash Cough Sore Throat

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 6 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 10, 2006
  • 06:52 AM

About two weeks ago, I had blotchy itchy armpits, groin and **m.
Then I broke out with ten tiny bumps on my fingers and two on my toes. They turned into blisters. One on my index finger joined with others into a large one blister.

Went to the ER they said it looked Poison Ivy and sent me to a dermatologist.
Dermatologist said it's poison ivy and put me on Prednisone and Clobetasol Cream for ten days.

I switced soap to dove and detergent to tide, and washed everything....

Rash is gone. Existing bumps on fingers are gone, but today new ones are arising. I have a Red ichy blotchy hive on foot. I am itchy in random spots.

Now I have a sore throat and a painful dryish cough, and I found a canker inside my mouth on lip-cheek.

I don't know: ivy? Allergy? HFMD? HPV? ???

I am 30 M and do drink abit...

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• Do you take medications? Just about every class of drug can cause Stevens Johnsons Syndrome (SJS). It can range from mild to very severe. Do a Google search on it if you take any meds on a regular basis. A dermatologist can determine this diagnosis easily. If you feel this is a possibility, after reading about it, see a dermatologist.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 10, 2006
    • 02:28 PM
    Flag this Response
  • No, I do not take meds on a regular basis. I Already saw a dermatologist.thank you
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 10, 2006
    • 03:08 PM
    Flag this Response
  • add excessive eye discharge to the list.Doc said that sometimes after meds, a quick flare up can happen but should be very minor...wants me to wait a few more days before I go in for biopsy.I guess the flu like symptoms could be an unrelated coincidence and it's ending in my eye?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 10, 2006
    • 10:36 PM
    Flag this Response
  • The condition is "bullous pemphigold" or blister disease.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 12, 2006
    • 09:19 PM
    Flag this Response
  • It is called bullous pemphigold.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 12, 2006
    • 09:20 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i have tht.....well kindoffive just had a reeli sore throat,bangin hedache and a reeli chesty cough ,so i just assumed it was something thats going round but then after a week i was itchy and when i itched a load of bumps appered on my **m,thighs and back of arm.Im going to go doctors ASAP and research that bullous pemphigold.my skin looks like a map asif all the shapes of the countrys are raised.it may be an allergic reaction to the antibiotics the doctor gave me.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 14, 2008
    • 10:41 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement