Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Unknown parasite ravaging my entire body; affecting eyesight

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 27 Replies
  • Posted By: Euronymous
  • December 30, 2007
  • 09:56 PM

Hello. I sure am glad I finally found a live message board, maybe someone knows something about this. Three months ago, I noticed itching on my body, but nothing appeared to be there, I thought it was fleas as I have several cats as pets. Next, when I felt jumping and crawling sensations on my scalp and in my hair, and couldn't get rid of them, I thought it was head lice. When RID wouldn't get rid of them, I went to a doctor and was diagnosed with scabies when I told her how the mites would burrow beneath the skin, itch, and become more active at night. I had some areas on my body that had the hallmark red bumps that scabies causes, so I figured that's what it was. I've used Permethrin in attempts to treat the parasite to no effect. I've tried Permethrin several times, and Ivermectin on two separate occasions, still my entire body is covered with the mites.
Doctors say that what I describe cannot be scabies, scabies doesn't get in the eyes, on the scalp, it causes wounds whereas this isn't rejected by the skin. What's worst is the ability of this mite or worm to conceal itself, as I can no longer even get help from doctors who think I'm imagining this. The parasite mimics skin cells, and sheathes itself in the skin, where it poses as rough dry skin. It is very small, but large enough to be recognized with a magnifying glass. It can alter it's appearance, but generally looks like a translucent to white grain similar in shape to a scabies mite, but it also appears as a worm, yellowish-brown (perhaps trying to blend with my hairs). When agitated, the mite can project a dart from it's body - I believe it "shoots" some kind of thread like fiber from this dart...I don't know what for, very weird.
My right hand is in very bad shape, it is swollen (with the parasite) and the top layer of skin has been removed. This is the hand that I use most often to wipe the crawling bugs off of my skin, and to brush my hair. The mite goes inside the body and affects other organs, the extent of which I'm not sure. I'm experiencing nausea, weakness, loss of coordination and balance, tremors, numbness, muscle and joint aches, weight loss, twitching, nervousness, earache, and alot of eye discomfort. They've affected my vision, and everything appears foggy, or dim, and things seem to blink or flicker. I'm really worried and in agony from the persisting crawling (like an ant) and biting (like a flea), but I can do nothing about it. I've been to every hospital in the area, out of pocket because I have no insurance. Doctors won't take me seriously and I'm afraid that this stuff could be deadly. My grandmother recently contracted it, but she doesn't want to tell anyone for embarrassment. Any help would be great, I'm running out of hope that I'll ever have my life back.

Reply Flag this Discussion

27 Replies:

• Hi.You got the classic symptoms of Morgollon's Disease. Google it or go to CDC or www.morgollon.org and read up.Unfortunately there is no cure yet but bes of luck. Atleast your disease has been identified. Mine has not. :(FM
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hiya, Classic symptoms of Morgollon's disease. Google it or go to CDC. Unfortunately no cure yet but atleast it has been identified. Best of Luck. Daz
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • If it is scabies, you need to do a major housekeeping and wash all of your bedding and towelss, vacuum everything. I washed all of my clothes, too, when my child brought it home. You have to do it several times; wash all and shampoo yourself...it could be what the other posters are saying, too, but if you had scabies and didn't clean the clothes, sheets, towels, clothes, floor, you'll get it right back...you do it once and then again later for the eggs...
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
  • It is such a releif to know I have not lost my mind. I too am suffering from an unknown parasite. I have been to four different doctors. I have thrown out all my clothes, I left them in sealed bags for three months. I think they itched more when I tried to use them. I have tried rid and all the prescribed meds from doctors. They come out of my nose, mouth and any place they can get. I had decided to take my life because I feel as though I have been robbed of any life. I can't hold my grandchildren.............my husband sleeps with me and can't feel anything. I am going to have to leave my job soon. I can't continue to suffer at work. I just hope social security will consider me sick or mentally ill.
    msimmune 8 Replies
    • September 21, 2008
    • 11:49 PM
    Flag this Response
  • MSIMMUNE, Please don't give up even though you feel like all doctors have! As you know your symptoms are very similar other on this post so please look up the disorder they are talking about (http://www.morgellons.org/) and contact the organization! From what I have heard they are very helpful and understanding and can be of great help.Hang in there because it is not "all in your head!"Alisonps...here are a few other sites that have info on morgellons disease:http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/morgellons-disease/SN00043http://www.morgellonsusa.com/morgellonsusa.htmlhttp://www.morgellons-disease-research.com/ --- this last site looks like it has a very active forum on Morgellons!Good luck and God Bless!
    alison352 4 Replies
    • September 22, 2008
    • 00:35 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Morgellon's.. i had that too years ago now. "translucent to white grain" i had that.. one time my hands were like raining those grains while i was typing.. I've written about it here at this site but cant remember what my thread was called. Morgellons can be as little grains of rice.. or more commonly as "fibres". I believe it "shoots" some kind of thread like fiber from this dart Morgellons fibres are often red or blue in colour.. thou i think they can be other colours as well. One thing with Morgellon's is that chronic fatigue syndrome can be an overlapping disorder with it (that's mentioned at a Morgellon's website, I had Morgellons and CFS).. and CFS will cause those other symptoms you've mentioned too (along with tiredness which you havent mentioned) so i wonder if you are starting to develop that too. I nearly commited suicide due to the Morgellons, it was hellishly itchy and i would often be like "ouch" due to the ant or spider like biting i felt. In my own case (i dont know if this is true for most Morgellons or not) but in my own case, it was much worst at night.. like the little critters became active (or came to the surface where i could feel them more??) and feed, on me, at night. Now here is some good news for you... i did have the Morgellons too (and my daughter developed symptoms of it as well). I believe i cured it thou by the salt and bicarb (baking soda) baths I started to take for it. The only way i could get any good sleep from the itching and biting was with these baths (i'd spend 4 hrs in one of these baths per day). Use 1 kg of table salt.. and 250 g of baking/bicarb soda (I know this sounds weird.. or coffee instead of baking soda..helps too). I'd start with just enough water to keep me warm and keep just adding hot water to it as it cooled (this way by the time the bath reached the very top, it was about 4 hrs). I was doing that for a very long time a year or two???? I cant remember now but but it really helped (thou at first you may notice the things go like crazy with it.. they HATE the salt bath). then suddenly one day the problem disappeared (just after all the rice like grains fell out of my fingers.. as if something had died??? ) i know.. weird. Interestingly.. once i found the name for the issue i'd experienced in the past.. I saw on their website that a few others were using salt baths too to bring relief. Im the only one thou who has had a complete cure using it.. but possibly i spent more time in strong salt bath to what the others are doing?? addition.. i also wanted to say that a couple ofother things i found those thigns dont like are white sage (smudge yourself like the Native American indians used to do).. The white sage used to make some fall off of me.. thou others would quickly take their place.. but it did bring me a little relief. I used to use that smoke over my clothes too (and never wear the same clothes twice). and also lavender pure essential oil rubbed on the skin (thou i once used so much all over my body that it made me ill.. i think i nearly poisoned myself with lavender oil thou it isnt meant to be toxic if rubbed on skin). If your hand gets bothered where you are trying to rub them out or off of you.. try rubbing some pure essential lavender oil onto it (this isnt what is called fragnant lavender oil). But the salt baths work best
    taniaaust1 2,267 Replies
    • September 22, 2008
    • 10:48 AM
    Flag this Response
  • you're all wrong; it was on the TV show, "Mysterious Diagnosis"...luckily, the man had a witness when the parasite crawled in the eyeball or it happened in the ER...it was a fast bogger, too; they were able to diagnose and treat the parasite....I'm not sure what the name of the bug was but you can do your own search on their web site...
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • September 23, 2008
    • 01:16 AM
    Flag this Response
  • taniaaust1t and alison352 Thank you for your replies to my message. I have tried to review my medical history to see if I can come up with any clue. in 89 I had a hysterectomy, 91 treated for pericarditis and an enormous amount of fluid removed from my lungs (rheumatologist in eastern long island said I had serum negative lupus).....that all led to me being on disability for 2 1/2 yrs. 96 came down with a terrible case of bacterial pneumonia, out of work for 6 weeks. 2004 had gastric bypass, few months afterwards job site became infested with fleas or so we thought, only some of us could feel them. My home became infested(itching even in my nose), that was resolved(so I thought). A few months later my hair fell out to almost nothing and I had terrible night sweats. I called it menopause but my feet started to itch really bad, I thought left over flea eggs in my shoes. I noticed my feet kept itching even in new shoes, antifugals helped a little but it started back a little. Hair grew back itching stopped for months. I moved to NC sometime after the fleas in ny attacked me. I work as a trainer for an airline, so I am in contact with people from all over the world. One day in winter of 2008 my head started itching. I tried everything including spraying my hair with a pesticide, next my whole body started itching so I thought it was something I picked up aboard an aircraft. They treated the site for fleas, still I was the only one itching. Meawhile I was dealing with the fact that my memory was slipping some.Then one day I noticed lavare all over my clothes and I started to pay more attention to my clothing. It still appeared as fleas but it seem as though it changed into some type of parasite with a tail or some little string sticking out. I will say somewhere in all this I noticed little grains or sesame seed looking things in my bed, my husband was in no way bothered, he thought I was loosing my mind. I had two randchildren born within hours of eachother and I'm afraid to touch them. My daughter in law hates me and calls me a bad grandma because I will not come in their home. I have asked them to no longer come here until I figure this out. I fly free so I can see a doctor most anywhere. I don't fly often for fear of someone getting whatever this is. Thank you for having this site, it;s nice to know someone knows it's real. It's getting more difficult to function at work.............but because ofmy salt bath I am smiling today. I won part of the battle last night.
    msimmune 8 Replies
    • September 23, 2008
    • 02:24 PM
    Flag this Response
  • taniaaust1t and alison352 Thank you for your replies to my message. I have tried to review my medical history to see if I can come up with any clue. in 89 I had a hysterectomy, 91 treated for pericarditis and an enormous amount of fluid removed from my lungs (rheumatologist in eastern long island said I had serum negative lupus).....that all led to me being on disability for 2 1/2 yrs. 96 came down with a terrible case of bacterial pneumonia, out of work for 6 weeks. 2004 had gastric bypass, few months afterwards job site became infested with fleas or so we thought, only some of us could feel them. My home became infested(itching even in my nose), that was resolved(so I thought). A few months later my hair fell out to almost nothing and I had terrible night sweats. I called it menopause but my feet started to itch really bad, I thought left over flea eggs in my shoes. I noticed my feet kept itching even in new shoes, antifugals helped a little but it started back a little. Hair grew back itching stopped for months. I moved to NC sometime after the fleas in ny attacked me. I work as a trainer for an airline, so I am in contact with people from all over the world. One day in winter of 2008 my head started itching. I tried everything including spraying my hair with a pesticide, next my whole body started itching so I thought it was something I picked up aboard an aircraft. They treated the site for fleas, still I was the only one itching. Meawhile I was dealing with the fact that my memory was slipping some.Then one day I noticed lavare all over my clothes and I started to pay more attention to my clothing. It still appeared as fleas but it seem as though it changed into some type of parasite with a tail or some little string sticking out. I will say somewhere in all this I noticed little grains or sesame seed looking things in my bed, my husband was in no way bothered, he thought I was loosing my mind. I had two randchildren born within hours of eachother and I'm afraid to touch them. My daughter in law hates me and calls me a bad grandma because I will not come in their home. I have asked them to no longer come here until I figure this out. I fly free so I can see a doctor most anywhere. I don't fly often for fear of someone getting whatever this is. Thank you for having this site, it;s nice to know someone knows it's real. It's getting more difficult to function at work.............but because ofmy salt bath I am smiling today. I won part of the battle last night. I can tell you one thing for sure. With gastric bypass YOU ARE B12 DEFICIENCT no matter what else is going on. Come on over to http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?p=120164#post120164 and check out the list of symptoms that can be caused by the natural b12 deificiencies, methjylb12 and adenosylb12. You can at least clear that up. B12 deficiency can cause the sensation known as "the crawling of ants" widespread itching, widespread skin lesions, dermatitis, etc. It causes a breakdown of the skin. A trial can tell you if that was the case within 30 days if the correct b12s are taken with the necessary cofactorsa for healing.
    Freddd 3,576 Replies
    • September 23, 2008
    • 05:03 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I take vitamins daily b12 shot monthly, B6 2x daily,B1daily. I will check out the link.
    msimmune 8 Replies
    • September 23, 2008
    • 06:46 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I take vitamins daily b12 shot monthly, B6 2x daily,B1daily. I will check out the link. Hi msimmune, A monthly b12 shot, most likely cyanob12, is worse than useless for many. Only the real genuine natural active forms of b12 promote outright healing, and then only with needed cofactors. There are about 7 other showstopper cofactors and another dozen necessary ones needed in order to have predictable healing. If your shots were working like methylb12 and adenosylob12 plus cofactors, you wouldn't still be posting looking for answers, you would have foiund them already. The natural b12s are on the porder of 1000 times more effective than cyanob12 and hydroxyb12.
    Freddd 3,576 Replies
    • September 23, 2008
    • 07:02 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• It would be important if you tell us if you've ever traveled abroad USA.You can have:Morgellon's diseaseloiasis (loa-loa) rare but i've seen cases like yours
    paules86 18 Replies
    • September 23, 2008
    • 07:30 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Don't think i'm silly but where can i get the best b12, i hoped my doc was prescribing the best. I've never gone abroad but i'm in contact with people that have and many have been to china, japan and africa.
    msimmune 8 Replies
    • September 23, 2008
    • 07:57 PM
    Flag this Response
  • To msimmune:Go to the B12 website that Fredd gave you for the best place and kinds of B12 to buy.I agree that you may have Morgellon's; check it out on the web. It is a new disease of supposed parasites which still don't have a treatment. However, what you describe sounds like it. Marionstar
    marionstar 228 Replies
    • September 23, 2008
    • 09:58 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Can anyone tell me how to get this parasite out of my hair? I am african american, I have used gel in my hair it's cut short. One day they actually couldn't move because they were caught in the gel. I could clearly see it was a parasite of some type. I;m trying to avoid shaving my head.....this is tooooo much!
    msimmune 8 Replies
    • September 30, 2008
    • 10:05 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Ask your pharmacist for a shampoo that has an anti-parasitical medication...there are some over the counter shampoos that should cure what you are describing...likely lice. You will probably need to use a body scrub too. Also, you need to wash your sheets with strong soap and clorox, and overdry them in the dryer. Get a spray to spray all your upholstered furniture, and wipe down your other furniture with a strong cleaning solution.Let us know how it works. Marionstar
    marionstar 228 Replies
    • October 5, 2008
    • 01:38 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I know it's not head lice, I've used the rid and wiped down everything. Boiled my sheets and they still are in my head. I covered my mattress or rather sealed it air tight in plastic, plus used the metal lice combs. I started strong doses of vitamin c and vitamin B and saw some improvement. My problem is I still feel the crawling sensation.
    msimmune 8 Replies
    • October 5, 2008
    • 10:53 AM
    Flag this Response
  • taniaaust1t and alison352 ..........but because ofmy salt bath I am smiling today. I won part of the battle last night. Im glad my advice helped some. Just do it as much as you can as they hate that salt. To your post about what to do about them on your head.. I suggest to do what i used to do and wear a snorkle in that bath and get your head right under and keep it under the salt water. (i realised i hadnt posted that in my last post to you). The constant salt water does wreck ones hair.. but I prefered dry wrecked hair to them being all over my scalp and bothering me. Other then that.. i cant suggest much more to do. They ARE an extremely tough thing to beat. (maybe put a little rosemary or lavender essential oil in with your clothes too when you wash them.. and then make sure you hang them out in the sun).
    taniaaust1 2,267 Replies
    • October 5, 2008
    • 11:41 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Did you ever soak your clohes in the salt?
    msimmune 8 Replies
    • October 6, 2008
    • 01:27 AM
    Flag this Response
  • nods ..yes i used to do that too. i'd forgotten about that due to it was quite a few years ago in which i had this issue. The salt is better than the essential oils and wont ruin clothes.
    taniaaust1 2,267 Replies
    • October 6, 2008
    • 02:34 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement