Discussions By Condition: Ears, Nose, Mouth & Throat conditions

Ear pain and dental pain together

• Posted By: roseypeach
  • December 28, 2007
  • 10:35 AM

Hi everyone,

I am currently experiencing pain that wakes me in my teeth/gums and also have had a bout with serious stabbing ear pain that comes and goes which also wakes me from a dead sleep.

I do have two wisdom teeth that appear to be trying to come in but I also have had some sore throat pain and tongue pain on one side of my mouth about a week ago which has subsided.

I've taken antibiotics for the ear/dental pain and again, it subsides but then comes back. I am stumped and tired of being in pain. Anyone who can give me an idea of what's going will have my eternal gratitude.

Thanks!

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• Hi everyone, I am currently experiencing pain that wakes me in my teeth/gums and also have had a bout with serious stabbing ear pain that comes and goes which also wakes me from a dead sleep. I do have two wisdom teeth that appear to be trying to come in but I also have had some sore throat pain and tongue pain on one side of my mouth about a week ago which has subsided. I've taken antibiotics for the ear/dental pain and again, it subsides but then comes back. I am stumped and tired of being in pain. Anyone who can give me an idea of what's going will have my eternal gratitude. Thanks! I suffer TN (trigeminal Neualaga) & thats the way it effects me. First of all u need to go to dentist & check its not a problem with ur teeth....also u could be grinding ur teeth which also causes facial pain, if so a bite guard might help, i really hope its something like that. TN is very difficult to treat, i really hope for ur sake its not that. Mine is going on for 11 yrs now & its a nightmare. Have u ever had a whiplash injury ? can be caused by that also. first go to dentist.....theres more i can tell you if its TN. best of luck :)
    Tootsie 628 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hey there! I appreciate your post though i posted this quite some time ago. I had a tooth that it turns out was causing it. Even though they pulled it I had developed an infection and a knot that was pressing on my sinus nerve at my temple. It took a cortisone shot and another set of antibiotics before I finally found relief. Thankfully I haven't had the problem anymore, now I just have a wisdom tooth that is cutting in. I am 40 years old! LOL! Guess I just earned it! LOL! Anyhoos, thanks a bunch for taking the time to respond to me. I wish you well with your affliction. Regards,Rose
    roseypeach 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hey there! I appreciate your post though i posted this quite some time ago. I had a tooth that it turns out was causing it. Even though they pulled it I had developed an infection and a knot that was pressing on my sinus nerve at my temple. It took a cortisone shot and another set of antibiotics before I finally found relief. Thankfully I haven't had the problem anymore, now I just have a wisdom tooth that is cutting in. I am 40 years old! LOL! Guess I just earned it! LOL! Anyhoos, thanks a bunch for taking the time to respond to me. I wish you well with your affliction. Regards,Rose Aaaah great news Rose, thanks for letting me know.........u may buy urself a teething ring for that wisdom tooth Oooooh & bonjela.......lol :D lolGood luck to u !
    Tootsie 628 Replies Flag this Response
  • Aaaah great news Rose, thanks for letting me know.........u may buy urself a teething ring for that wisdom tooth Oooooh & bonjela.......lol :D lolGood luck to u ! ah, maybe I will! lol! Good luck to you too
    roseypeach 2 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement