Discussions By Condition: Ears, Nose, Mouth & Throat conditions

Ear pain and dental pain together

• Posted By: roseypeach
  • December 28, 2007
  • 10:35 AM

Hi everyone,

I am currently experiencing pain that wakes me in my teeth/gums and also have had a bout with serious stabbing ear pain that comes and goes which also wakes me from a dead sleep.

I do have two wisdom teeth that appear to be trying to come in but I also have had some sore throat pain and tongue pain on one side of my mouth about a week ago which has subsided.

I've taken antibiotics for the ear/dental pain and again, it subsides but then comes back. I am stumped and tired of being in pain. Anyone who can give me an idea of what's going will have my eternal gratitude.

Thanks!

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• Hi everyone, I am currently experiencing pain that wakes me in my teeth/gums and also have had a bout with serious stabbing ear pain that comes and goes which also wakes me from a dead sleep. I do have two wisdom teeth that appear to be trying to come in but I also have had some sore throat pain and tongue pain on one side of my mouth about a week ago which has subsided. I've taken antibiotics for the ear/dental pain and again, it subsides but then comes back. I am stumped and tired of being in pain. Anyone who can give me an idea of what's going will have my eternal gratitude. Thanks! I suffer TN (trigeminal Neualaga) & thats the way it effects me. First of all u need to go to dentist & check its not a problem with ur teeth....also u could be grinding ur teeth which also causes facial pain, if so a bite guard might help, i really hope its something like that. TN is very difficult to treat, i really hope for ur sake its not that. Mine is going on for 11 yrs now & its a nightmare. Have u ever had a whiplash injury ? can be caused by that also. first go to dentist.....theres more i can tell you if its TN. best of luck :)
    Tootsie 628 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hey there! I appreciate your post though i posted this quite some time ago. I had a tooth that it turns out was causing it. Even though they pulled it I had developed an infection and a knot that was pressing on my sinus nerve at my temple. It took a cortisone shot and another set of antibiotics before I finally found relief. Thankfully I haven't had the problem anymore, now I just have a wisdom tooth that is cutting in. I am 40 years old! LOL! Guess I just earned it! LOL! Anyhoos, thanks a bunch for taking the time to respond to me. I wish you well with your affliction. Regards,Rose
    roseypeach 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hey there! I appreciate your post though i posted this quite some time ago. I had a tooth that it turns out was causing it. Even though they pulled it I had developed an infection and a knot that was pressing on my sinus nerve at my temple. It took a cortisone shot and another set of antibiotics before I finally found relief. Thankfully I haven't had the problem anymore, now I just have a wisdom tooth that is cutting in. I am 40 years old! LOL! Guess I just earned it! LOL! Anyhoos, thanks a bunch for taking the time to respond to me. I wish you well with your affliction. Regards,Rose Aaaah great news Rose, thanks for letting me know.........u may buy urself a teething ring for that wisdom tooth Oooooh & bonjela.......lol :D lolGood luck to u !
    Tootsie 628 Replies Flag this Response
  • Aaaah great news Rose, thanks for letting me know.........u may buy urself a teething ring for that wisdom tooth Oooooh & bonjela.......lol :D lolGood luck to u ! ah, maybe I will! lol! Good luck to you too
    roseypeach 2 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement