Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Numbness in Cheek

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: leslieann
  • December 27, 2007
  • 04:31 AM

Hello all.
I'm 23, uninsured, and was in a car accident last week where I flipped my car. The night after the car accident, my head started moving uncontrollably- first in one direction, and then in a different way, and so on. I used a warm compress, until all the sudden it was like my jaw was unhinged and the left side of it was no longer where it should be. It was the worst pain I've ever felt, and it subsided after about 5 terrible minutes or so. Then the neck cramps started up again. The next morning I went to the Doctor and she gave me muscle relaxants, which helped with the neck. But my left cheek felt swollen and sore- like it was bigger than it should be. Just tonight, I realized that the inside of my cheek is numb, and that's why it continued to feel so odd after so many days. An airbag did hit me in the face, but I get nervous about things and in my mind, I'm terrified it could be permanant, or even MS. It's been a week and my scabs are healing, but my cheek just feels numb and out of place. I've been drinking tea with honey, like the doctor said, but I'm afraid nothing has been working. Any ideas on cheek numbness?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement