Discussions By Condition: Foot conditions

Numb and discolored toes

Posted In: Foot conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: missmollyk
  • December 26, 2007
  • 11:06 PM

I have a few toes on both feet that are getting very bright red, even purple at times, and the balls of my feet when they get cold. The coldness enacts numbness, when they thaw they tingle and almost itch and feel very sore, like there are blisters. No blisters or bumpiness, but bleeding/spots under the skin do show up. My sister said it looks like I stepped in raspberry jam. The doc thought it might be Raynaud's, but did some blood work and found nothing, referred me to a podiatrist (in two weeks). My shoes are not ill-fitting, it does not appear to be something from the outside irritating, other than coldness. my fingers are cold and stiff too, and I have some weird pain on the bone of my jaw (as if punched) but not a TMJ type syndrome. Furthermore, a few weeks ago I had sores in my mouth, and have been losing weight/feeling a bit queasy, fatigued and feverish on and off. I don't know if these symptoms all are related or not. Anyone have any ideas? Lupus? Rheumatoid Arthritis? Not sure what tests to request, already had CRP Inflamm., RA Titier (RF) and Sed Rate Auto...also all vitamin work ups came back in normal range. Feels like I am missing something!!!:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• What did they find out? I am having the exact same thing, including a low-grade fever for 55 days now. Any input would be great. I already have MS, but I've done well with it. Thanks
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 1, 2008
    • 01:53 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Waiting for the test results, but we think we found the culprit. Carbon Monoxide poisoning!!! Been using the fireplace during the last month and that's about the time i really started to notice how bad I felt. My toes actually got blue (and fingers) then would turn cherry red. my step-son had been getting headaches and nausea/vomiting sporadically, husband tired and spacey, even the dog was acting funny.A few nights ago I made a fire in our wood burning stove/fireplace and smoke came pouring in, apparently the stove pipe had corroded. The light went on and lo and behold, all my symptoms applied. Three days with no fire lit, and feeling 100X better. Extremeties still numb and blue, but doing better...will post results later. Fixing chimney and plugging in carbon monoxide monitor. Check your house!!!!:rolleyes:
    missmollyk 2 Replies
    • January 10, 2008
    • 05:34 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Wow I have the same symptoms. Headaches, cold feet, resulting at times in blisters, I just woke up with a cold sore and have been getting bad headaches and have a mild fever. My doc is testing me for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. He will be doing a circulation test next week. I suggest to anyone who has this symptoms get them check out right away and do not rest until there is a diagnosis. It could even be a sign of heart disease...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 28, 2009
    • 09:53 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement