Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Sour Taste and Jaw Cramps

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: sokrgrrl02
  • December 26, 2007
  • 08:35 PM

I know this probably sounds really strange, but it happened one night a few weeks back, but was gone by the time I woke up the next morning. Last night I noticed that every time I ate or drank something on the right side of my mouth (specifically the back right side of my tongue), I got the sensation that I was eating something sour, and my jaw started cramping up for a few seconds each time. Any food or drink triggered this jaw issue, and even last night when i was brushing my teeth, any time the toothbrush touched the back right side of my tongue it would do the same thing. Even when I just put my finger on a certain part of my tongue it makes my jaw cramp up. Things do not necessarily taste sour, it just does that thing where you can feel the tingling and kind of cramping in your jaw when you eat/drink something with a sour taste (i.e. sour candies, etc...). It has continued into today, and I can't eat or drink anything on the right side of my mouth without this happening. It has gotten to the point where my jaw is getting sore from cramping up, and hurts to the touch. Has this ever happened to anyone?? I have no clue who to ask about this, a doctor, a dentist? I do have TMD issues with both sides of my jaw, and got some fillings done on the opposite side of my mouth last week, but I don't think that would have anything to do with this. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be well-appreciated! Thanks :)

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement