Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Child with NON STOP Rubbing of One Eye

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 15, 2007
  • 06:59 AM

I hope someone reads this that can help me! For a year my son has been rubbing his eyes. We thought that it was allergies so we put him on Zurtec and gave him eye drops. We gave him a full allergy panel test (stuff on back and blood panels) and it all came back negative. Progressivley it has been worsening - now every 22 seconds or less he presses on his right eye - fairly hard - because he says his eye itches, burns / hurts. The eye doctor saw him and said his vision is perfect, and she thinks it is a habit. We tried the ignoring it and it is worsening daily. It is horrible to watch. He is having trouble concentrating in school and is in pain all of the time. He is now also complaining of headaches. Our pediatrician does not know what to do... neither do we... so I am searching for a cause/reason/cure. Please write back if you have heard of anything similar. Thanks - Oh my son is six years old.:) :confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement