Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Help re: my 5 yr old daughter

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: riverrat16
  • December 15, 2007
  • 00:09 AM

Ok I'll try to make this short. My Daughter ho just turned 5 has been having recurring UTI's for the past year. She has had about 8-9 UTI. On Novemeber 26th she was admitted to the childrens hospital because her latest Uti turned into a kidney infection. The symtoms she presented were high fever ( it jumped from 99.3 to 105.2 in 35 min) and shaking chills, along with stomach pain. No other symtoms. At the hospital she was put on Iv antibiotics, given a renal ultrasound and a vcug. No abnormalities were found. They diagniosed her with overactive bladder and said that was root of all her UTI's . They put her on Ditropan for the over active bladder, and Chepalaxin for the infection. 10 days of regular dose of the antibiotic the a maintenance dose for a few months. We just started the maintance doses on December 10th. On the 12th she started with the high fevers again, they persisted about every3 hours, I was alternating tylenol and motrin. The next day same thing not quite as often. I calle dthe doc. and he suggested it was probably a virus since she has been on antibiotic's. This is day # 3 and she is still having fevers going up to 104.4 with chills and shaking, but no other symotoms. I am very concerned that it is not a virus and the infection in her kidney's is either not cleared up completely or a new infection. Please help any advice would be appreciated I am really starting to worry.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement