Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

distension, gurgling noises, nausea after eating

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: laphotogirl
  • December 11, 2007
  • 09:28 PM

Hi all
I have chronic stomach issues-- when I eat, I get nausea, extreme gas, my stomach makes noises like a sewage drain gurlging, my belly swells like a pregnancy. This does not relate to what I eat, though since this started two years ago, I have developed lactose intolerance. Bowel movements are totally regular, 2x in the AM, though sometimes undigested roughage is visible.
The only thing that helps with the nausea and allows me to eat ( though it doesnt always stop the gas) is Ativan or Klonopin.
Despite this mystery, I'm wondering if anyone on here has tested positive for giardia who has not had diarrhea..I hear it is hard to catch giardia with the stool tests, but my landlady just told me she had it from her dogs and I'm wondering if that could be what's causing this even though my Dr. said no since I don't have the diarrhea. My husband has the gas, noises, bloat and gurgling, but not the nausea.My landlady had the bloat, nausea, gas but no poo problems. She had all the gastro tests which were negative and had to do a stool test 3x before the giardia showed-- she only finally suspected that because the vet said her dogs had it ( THEY had diarrhea!)
Anyone know a good lab in Los Angeles to test for parasites? Even if my doc doesnt think I have it, I want the test because docs in my experience don't know everything. This is infringing on my lifestyle as the stomach noises are so horrible I don't want to be in public, and the bloating/gas are embarassing so I dont like to eat with people. I don't feel bad at all --WHEN I DON'T EAT!!!

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• Whoooaah! Are you saying that you, your husband, landlady all share similar symptoms? And the dogs have giardia? Do you all (dogs included) share the same water supply? If so, and especially if it is well water, giardia is a real possibility. My friend's mom had it for years with upset tummy, nausea and slight constipation being her main symptoms. Get it checked out! And start drinking bottled water!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 12, 2007
    • 00:13 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement