Discussions By Condition: Urinary conditions

Grown man still wetting bed

Posted In: Urinary conditions 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 11, 2007
  • 07:15 PM

I've had bladder problems since i was a young. I was a bed wetter as a child and i would sometimes wet myself out in public. my bladder control has gotten much better but still go quite frequently and have a hard time holding it in if i have alot of liquid. drinking alcohol has been a specific problem for me. I pee once for every beer i drink. im not an alcoholic by any means and even a night where i drink 3 or 4 beers i still run the risk of wetting the bed or not being able to hold my bladder for more than 5 min. it's not as bad with hard alcohol because there isn't as much liquid. i'm 22 years old and luckily i have an understanding girlfriend and friends but it's still embarassing, not to mention annoying, to be a grown man wetting his pants or his bed.

i had tests done when i was little but they couldnt come to any conclusion about what was wrong with me and i'm too embarrassed to ask my doctor about it. i wanna know what's wrong with me. i dont have pain when i pee and i dont have problems starting my stream. i've noticed from peeing in urinals, when i urinate that i dont go as much as other men.

i want to know what's wrong with me and if there is anything i can do to help it.

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• I have a boyfriend that constantly wets the bed. I get so annoyed because we have to keep changing the bedding and also have gone through a lot of mattresses. We asked a doctor but got no results. I am frustrated and concerned that it's affecting our relationship
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have found that doing Keigel exercises and situps help. Can men do Keigel exercises? I have never gotten a good answer from a doctor. When I am in shape (lots of situps) this doesn't happen as often to me. I am aware this is not a cure, and it might all be in my head, but for some reason it works for me! Good luck!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 30, 2009
    • 10:45 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I've had bladder problems since i was a young. I was a bed wetter as a child and i would sometimes wet myself out in public. my bladder control has gotten much better but still go quite frequently and have a hard time holding it in if i have alot of liquid. drinking alcohol has been a specific problem for me. I pee once for every beer i drink. im not an alcoholic by any means and even a night where i drink 3 or 4 beers i still run the risk of wetting the bed or not being able to hold my bladder for more than 5 min. it's not as bad with hard alcohol because there isn't as much liquid. i'm 22 years old and luckily i have an understanding girlfriend and friends but it's still embarassing, not to mention annoying, to be a grown man wetting his pants or his bed. i had tests done when i was little but they couldnt come to any conclusion about what was wrong with me and i'm too embarrassed to ask my doctor about it. i wanna know what's wrong with me. i dont have pain when i pee and i dont have problems starting my stream. i've noticed from peeing in urinals, when i urinate that i dont go as much as other men. i want to know what's wrong with me and if there is anything i can do to help it. Try stopping & starting your pee flo when going to the bathroom. Do this numerous times & it will strengthen your urinary tract muscles. Thus being able to control the urge or frequency of peeing. this has worked wonders for me.
    GearJam'r 3 Replies
    • December 2, 2009
    • 06:31 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have a boyfriend that constantly wets the bed. I get so annoyed because we have to keep changing the bedding and also have gone through a lot of mattresses. We asked a doctor but got no results. I am frustrated and concerned that it's affecting our relationshipIf you love him it shouldnt matter, i understand where its annoying and frustrating but he should get a full workup, which includes a full screeing for STDS its almost always the number one cause of bed wetting once out of a pubescent age.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 12, 2011
    • 10:01 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement