Discussions By Condition: Urinary conditions

Grown man still wetting bed

Posted In: Urinary conditions 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 11, 2007
  • 07:15 PM

I've had bladder problems since i was a young. I was a bed wetter as a child and i would sometimes wet myself out in public. my bladder control has gotten much better but still go quite frequently and have a hard time holding it in if i have alot of liquid. drinking alcohol has been a specific problem for me. I pee once for every beer i drink. im not an alcoholic by any means and even a night where i drink 3 or 4 beers i still run the risk of wetting the bed or not being able to hold my bladder for more than 5 min. it's not as bad with hard alcohol because there isn't as much liquid. i'm 22 years old and luckily i have an understanding girlfriend and friends but it's still embarassing, not to mention annoying, to be a grown man wetting his pants or his bed.

i had tests done when i was little but they couldnt come to any conclusion about what was wrong with me and i'm too embarrassed to ask my doctor about it. i wanna know what's wrong with me. i dont have pain when i pee and i dont have problems starting my stream. i've noticed from peeing in urinals, when i urinate that i dont go as much as other men.

i want to know what's wrong with me and if there is anything i can do to help it.

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• I have a boyfriend that constantly wets the bed. I get so annoyed because we have to keep changing the bedding and also have gone through a lot of mattresses. We asked a doctor but got no results. I am frustrated and concerned that it's affecting our relationship
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have found that doing Keigel exercises and situps help. Can men do Keigel exercises? I have never gotten a good answer from a doctor. When I am in shape (lots of situps) this doesn't happen as often to me. I am aware this is not a cure, and it might all be in my head, but for some reason it works for me! Good luck!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 30, 2009
    • 10:45 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I've had bladder problems since i was a young. I was a bed wetter as a child and i would sometimes wet myself out in public. my bladder control has gotten much better but still go quite frequently and have a hard time holding it in if i have alot of liquid. drinking alcohol has been a specific problem for me. I pee once for every beer i drink. im not an alcoholic by any means and even a night where i drink 3 or 4 beers i still run the risk of wetting the bed or not being able to hold my bladder for more than 5 min. it's not as bad with hard alcohol because there isn't as much liquid. i'm 22 years old and luckily i have an understanding girlfriend and friends but it's still embarassing, not to mention annoying, to be a grown man wetting his pants or his bed. i had tests done when i was little but they couldnt come to any conclusion about what was wrong with me and i'm too embarrassed to ask my doctor about it. i wanna know what's wrong with me. i dont have pain when i pee and i dont have problems starting my stream. i've noticed from peeing in urinals, when i urinate that i dont go as much as other men. i want to know what's wrong with me and if there is anything i can do to help it. Try stopping & starting your pee flo when going to the bathroom. Do this numerous times & it will strengthen your urinary tract muscles. Thus being able to control the urge or frequency of peeing. this has worked wonders for me.
    GearJam'r 3 Replies
    • December 2, 2009
    • 06:31 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have a boyfriend that constantly wets the bed. I get so annoyed because we have to keep changing the bedding and also have gone through a lot of mattresses. We asked a doctor but got no results. I am frustrated and concerned that it's affecting our relationshipIf you love him it shouldnt matter, i understand where its annoying and frustrating but he should get a full workup, which includes a full screeing for STDS its almost always the number one cause of bed wetting once out of a pubescent age.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 12, 2011
    • 10:01 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Signs of a Psoriasis Flare

Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.

How Diabetes Medications Affect Your Appetite

Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.

What to Do For Dry Mouth

Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.

The Painkiller – Constipation Connection

Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.

9 Signs of Sensitive Skin

Is it sensitive skin or something else?

Advertisement