Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Why am I always hot?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: hotcarol
  • November 15, 2007
  • 10:14 AM

Compared with most people, I'm super tolerant to cold. The trouble is, I always feel uncomfortably hot and when any stress or anxiety is thrown my way, I perspire profusely. I'm 51 and post menopausal (by five years). I'm sluggish most of the time and I've been suffering from depression and too much weight for most of the past 10 years. I have a sedentry job but I walk my dog for 90 to 120 minutes a day -- rain or shine. I'm actually quite fit, despite my weight.

Both my mum and gran had underactive thyroids but my blood tests shows I'm at the low end of the normal range.

Someone suggested I make a record of my temperature which I've been doing for a week. Surprisingly, my temperature is a bit low -- it averages 36.4. I'd have thought this would make me feel cold.

Frankly, I'd put up with depression and fatigue and even my weight, if only I could be cool. My 'hotness' is really getting to me. My doctor suggests I wear cool clothes -- oh, if only I'd thought of that!!!! Can anyone suggest where this heat is coming from?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement