Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Unexplained purple bruise-like spots on thighs

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 14, 2007
  • 09:43 AM

For the past month and a half, purple bruise-like spots have been appearing on my thighs. I've had about 4 consecutive sets of different spots on my thighs that'll appear and then disappear within a week or so on different parts of my thighs. I press on them to make sure they are not bruises and notice no typical range of discoloration that occurs with bruises. They fade in, out, then disappear the same color. I have already gone to the doctor and they have analyzed my blood and found nothing wrong. I do not have any history of blood disorders in my family and I do not have any problems bleeding or clotting or anything.

This has never happened to me and while the doctor says nothing is wrong I can't help but worry because this is highly abnormal.

While it may be unrelated, 2 other changes have occurred within the span of a couple of months to my body. During my semester at college this past spring, I was very sleepy all the time. I slept for very long hours and had problems getting up for class. Regardless of how many hours I slept, I would still feel the need to sleep. Since I went home for the summer until now, this hasn't happened. It just stopped on its own.

Also, around August, my skin began to itch a lot. It was nothing serious at first but a couple of weeks before the spots started showing up, the itching was almost unbearable to the point that I look like a mad woman scratching my legs, getting scabs and everything from scratching so hard. A friend suggested that I have eczema (which I have never had before in my life) but I nonetheless bought medicated lotion for eczema and while the itching stopped momentarily, it still did not help completely because I still have those fits sometimes. For the past week or so I've been using Aveeno Skin Relief but still get sporadic fits of scratching, however, the intensity and duration has significantly gone down since a month ago.

I do not know if these two incidens are related but all of these incidents have been odd and have occured within a span of a couple of months. Please let me know anything that my help me figure out what is wrong. I need to know if it is actually a condition or disease of some sort so I can take care of myself sooner, rather than later.

Thanks

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• Did you ever figure out what was wrong? I have similar symptoms.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 6, 2014
    • 00:19 AM
    Flag this Response
  • ive just started to have this as well, think its worth going to the doctors about the check your blood count.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 9, 2014
    • 02:08 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am a college student and have had the exact same symptoms. For the past few months, I have been exhausted all day regardless of how many hours I sleep. I just recently found a dark purple, flat dot on my thigh that looks like it is under the skin like a bruise. I had a blood test and the doctor found nothing wrong with my thyroid or iron levels. If you found out what was wrong, I would really appreciate a response.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 29, 2014
    • 06:00 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement