Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Red spots on body

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 10 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 4, 2007
  • 06:22 PM

I am not sure what is going on but I have these red spots on my body that won't seem to go away. A few started, one near my stomach area and a couple on my side. Then they multiply as the days go by. They are now mostly on my mid section, back, and even near the groin area on my legs.
I am wondering if its a different detergent that is doing it, so today i washed my clothes in my regular kind and I'll see how that goes. I wondered if it was my Target brand body wash, but I have used that weeks before this happened.
I don't have insurance now (i'm a server) so I can't afford the doctor. I'd hate to go to the doctor if its something that can be treated otherwise.
Any ideas anyone? Thanks!

Reply Flag this Discussion

10 Replies:

• You don't give much description of these red spots. Size, characterisitcs, etc.Could be petechiae which could mean bleeding under the skin and can be caused by taking too much aspirin or ibuprofen or some other blood thinner or other medication. Or they can be a sign of a bleeding disorder or other condition.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 5, 2007
    • 09:55 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Well it looks like something like poison ivy or oak, I guess it could be, but it doesn't itch very much. So they look like acne size spots. Then its funny because there is one of the side of my stomach that is quarter size, and there are a few on my side and back that are nickel size.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 5, 2007
    • 07:37 PM
    Flag this Response
  • It depends. If they are more one sided, it could be shingles. With the goin, it could be herpes2 going up (probably not--you would need a blood test--see if they go away and come back, then maybe herpes); it could be hives from the detergent or something else--go natural on your soap; could be medication allergy... maybe mrsa virus, but just check it out and see if you have any other symptoms..
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • November 6, 2007
    • 00:42 AM
    Flag this Response
  • another possibility is psoriasis in it's early stages. These would look red (varying shades from light to dark red) and usually circular in shape, but not always. A dermatologist should be able to easily diagnose your problem. If you can't afford a doctor visit, Google psoriasis and look for pics.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 7, 2007
    • 01:44 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Bedbugs are on the rise.
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies
    • November 9, 2007
    • 00:43 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Also look up pityriasis rosea.
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies
    • November 9, 2007
    • 00:44 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Could be a lot of things. Might be time to see a doctor.
    aquila 1,263 Replies
    • November 9, 2007
    • 01:39 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Are they small round raised red spots or just red flat spots? If they are raised and look like tiny blood blisters and turn brown when they get old but never go away they are called Petecchia hemmorhages. If they are not like that I need more info. to tell you what they might be.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 9, 2007
    • 09:26 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Go to a dermatology web site and type in "skin rash pictures". See if yours match.
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies
    • November 10, 2007
    • 09:22 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same thing right now. It started with about a dime or nickel sized red roundish spot towards left of belly button. Then hubby noticed one on my back. now more small red spots above belly button around sides and groin area too. I would like to know what this is. I feel fine, they don't itch. Any advice???
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement