Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Jumping legs

Posted In: Medical Stories 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 29, 2007
  • 04:45 PM

I am new here, but I was hoping someone could help me. About two weeks ago my left leg started "jumping" (while I was sitting still my legs would just jump/***k, kind of like a muscle spasm). Went to the Doctor and she said probably MS or Parkinson's, she wanted to rule out the worst first. So, I had all types of blood work, testing for various things, such as Wilson's Disease. That all came back OK. Then had a MRI on my brain, that came back OK. Then had a MRI on my spine and lumbar area and of course, nothing there either.
But, after 5 days of the left leg jumping, the right leg starting jumping. And one day after the right leg, my right arm is jumping. Where will it traveling to next?
They have ruled out MS, Wilson's Disease and a few others, but they are still saying possibly Parkinson's. The research I have done really doesn't suggest Parkinson's.
When it first started is was all the time. Then just during the day, but last night it started about 9 p.m. and lasted until 6 a.m.
Has anyone had just involuntary movements of limbs? There is pain now, but it is like when you work out and your muscles hurt. (Maybe from all this jumping).
I am a 40 year old male.
Is there anyone that has had some similar symptoms of just leg jumping/jerking?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement