Discussions By Condition: Dental conditions

Sharp needle-like pain in tooth/gum

Posted In: Dental conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: azwurth
  • October 26, 2007
  • 03:22 PM

This started yesterday..I had three of these.. morning, afternoon, and evening. Nothing thru the night, until this morning when I had one again but much less painful and of less duration. (They only have lasted about 2 seconds tops anyway.) To describe it: feels just like a dentist putting a needle in the gums for the first time to desensitize. No lingering after effect, no dizziness, no horrible headache, nothing.

I do have a fever blister from about three days ago that is now almost healed, using Aveeno or something named closely to that. And I had a slight headcahe yesterday thru the day that has sense left.

Is there a relationship between the fever blister virus and this? I get fever blisters under stress or too much sun on unexposed lips(which of course I try to avoid with lip sun blocker) This one could have been from both causes. Herpes Zoster virus? I'm hoping it's NOT a sympton of an oncoming root canal. I tried to fit it under trigeminal neuralgia, but it's just not that severe or widespread. This is limited to one back molar, at the base in the gum. I would not say the pain is IN the tooth, but rather in the gum.

Of course, my dentist, open about 363 days of the year, is closed until Monday. Thanks for any suggestions as to what it may be and how I might solve this thru herbal tonics or whatever in the interim this weekend should it resurface.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement