Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

rash on vagina

Posted In: Sexual conditions 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 22, 2007
  • 04:42 AM

ok so i have a little "rash" on the "lips" of my vagina, and at first i thought it was an STD so i went to a gyno and she said there was no way, and that she thought it was a yeast infection, but she checked and it wasn't. she asked if i wore thongs or used a certain bad soap and i wear thongs a lot so she said use hydrocortisone and stop wearing thongs and it'll go away.
a week later, it has gotten a little worse.
it continues to itch, and i can see the rash. and now it burns to pee.
HELP!!!

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• Get a blood test for herpes 2.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • October 23, 2007
    • 00:50 AM
    Flag this Response
  • It sounds like a diaper rash to me. I had the exact same problem. Go to the store and get baby diaper rash cream and put it on the vaginal area. I would recommend getting the Rapid Relif. I have been dealing with **** like that for 3 years and it had made my life misrible. You'll start to feel better in a few days. Just keep treating it.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 13, 2009
    • 03:59 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Unless you are the famous "Baby Man", it's not diaper rash; you need blood work for herpes 2.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • September 17, 2009
    • 04:56 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Well like everyone else said it may be hsv-2 which is genital herpes. It's not generally checked for when you get an STD test and can be transmitted even with proper condom use. If you ask your doc for a type specific herpes test you can find out in a matter of days. Remember herpes doesn't always nblister often it's just a rash or looks like a cut.
    samantha360 3 Replies
    • September 18, 2009
    • 10:30 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement