Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

rash on vagina

Posted In: Sexual conditions 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 22, 2007
  • 04:42 AM

ok so i have a little "rash" on the "lips" of my vagina, and at first i thought it was an STD so i went to a gyno and she said there was no way, and that she thought it was a yeast infection, but she checked and it wasn't. she asked if i wore thongs or used a certain bad soap and i wear thongs a lot so she said use hydrocortisone and stop wearing thongs and it'll go away.
a week later, it has gotten a little worse.
it continues to itch, and i can see the rash. and now it burns to pee.
HELP!!!

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• Get a blood test for herpes 2.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • October 23, 2007
    • 00:50 AM
    Flag this Response
  • It sounds like a diaper rash to me. I had the exact same problem. Go to the store and get baby diaper rash cream and put it on the vaginal area. I would recommend getting the Rapid Relif. I have been dealing with **** like that for 3 years and it had made my life misrible. You'll start to feel better in a few days. Just keep treating it.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 13, 2009
    • 03:59 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Unless you are the famous "Baby Man", it's not diaper rash; you need blood work for herpes 2.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • September 17, 2009
    • 04:56 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Well like everyone else said it may be hsv-2 which is genital herpes. It's not generally checked for when you get an STD test and can be transmitted even with proper condom use. If you ask your doc for a type specific herpes test you can find out in a matter of days. Remember herpes doesn't always nblister often it's just a rash or looks like a cut.
    samantha360 3 Replies
    • September 18, 2009
    • 10:30 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement