Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

Tight Stiff Legs?

Posted In: Muscle conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 19, 2007
  • 06:41 AM

Ok, can someone tell me what condition I am having?

When I am playing basketball - running (it never happened until a couple of years ago - never in HS) somtimes my legs will get extremely tight and stiff. From my ankles up close to my knees. I cannot hardly move them or bend them (I need to sit down). It makes it really hard to run down the court and play (jumpping is really tough). My shins and calf muscles all hurt. It feels like my whole leg is flexed and hard. Usually both, but sometimes one is worse than the other leg. Also, this little lump pops out on my leg (Looks like a little bubble or a big white pimple). Sitting down for 10+ minutes will usually make the tighness go away, but it comes back the next game sometimes. We only take a couple of minute breaks.

Someone metioned to me a couple of years ago they thought I had shin splints, but I'm not sure that's what it is. I tried looking up some stuff about it, but it's hard to describe and read about conditions.

Thanx for any responses.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement