Discussions By Condition: Injury

Crushed foot

Posted In: Injury 7 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 1, 2006
  • 06:35 PM

Hello, I had a crush injury when a Jip drove over my foot a year ago. Since then i soffer from pain, anytime of the day also when I rest, I can not jump over my crushed foot or to walk with other shoes but sport ones.. also, I feel my other leg does all the activity while I feel the crushed leg like a potato bag sometimes.. any idea if there is any solution to my problem? can it get worser? is there anything I can do to make it better?

Reply Flag this Discussion

7 Replies:

• Hi there! Here is a link to a crushed foot witness, from podiatry today. http://www.podiatrytoday.com/article/2328 I had a crushed foot myself, and my foot was crushed when I was dragged under a car. My foot got pulverized, and then crushed when the car came to a stop. Some people had to lift the car off of my foot. I remember that there were a few prominent questions that I had immediately at the time or shortly after I was injured. Those questions are : 1) WHERE AM I?(in regards to this injury type that I previously knew nothing about) 2) WHERE AM I GOING?(how do I get out of this?) 3) What is the path, or what is the way out? -you need to have access to the current and historical witnessings and information about your injuries types. FAITH HEALING IS PREFERABLE TO ANY OTHER PATH/WAY, IN REGARDS TO THE CRUSHED FOOT INJURY. Faith in ***********t. The high priests of the christian churches can pray and annoint you with oil. This is a complex injury. I got tortured by my crushed foot injury. Honestly, if I could have been healed miraculously, then that would have been far better, than for me to go through all that 'physio' stuff. I never did get a faith healing, you know. I got tortured. The 'physio' involved 1) INTENSIVE FOOT EXERCISES 2) TENS UNIT APPLICATIONS TO LOWER LEG AND BOTTOM OF FOOT MUSCLES 3) TRAMPOLINE(BUT NOT AT FIRST)(THIS IS DUE TO THE 'ELASTICITY' OF THE 'SOFT TISSUES') ***THE TRAMPOLINE WAS REALLY THE MIRACLE OF NATURAL MANS 'PHYSIO' TREATMENT PROTOCOLS, BUT IT WAS ACCOMPANIED BY SOME REALLY GROSS TORTURES 4) BALANCING BOARD 5)SWIMMING 6)CYCLING ****RECENTLY, I REALIZED THAT THE SAUNA PROVIDES A PLACE WHERE A PERSON CAN 'HEAT' THE BODY, THEREBY LOOSENING THE BODY FOR STRETCHINGS. swimming provides freedoms from the pain of the crushed foot, because it is hard to move around as much when moving causes too much pain. Hanging onto the edge in the shallow end and gently moving your legs and feet might help, but please be gentle. MY FOOT WAS VERY BADLY CRUSHED, SO THERE IS HOPE IN NATURAL MANS METHODS, BUT AS I WAS SAYING EARLIER, IT WOULD BE BETTER TO JUST GET AN IMMEDIATE FAITH HEALING. GENTLY STEPPING ONTO THE TRAMPOLINE, AND DOING INTENSIVE FOOT EXERCISES(TOWEL WITH WEIGHTS), COMBINED WITH INTENSIVE FOOT STRETCHINGS(THE ENTIRE BODY NEEDS TO BE STRETCHED TOO). THAT WAS HOW I DID IT. BUT, THE PROBLEM WAS WITH THE INTERNAL DAMAGES, AND THE INTERNAL PARTS KEPT 'CONTRACTING', OR 'RE-COMPRESSING'. IT WAS A HORRIBLE THING. the stretching is done in all dimensions. The exercises are done in all dimensions. the trampoline works the internal parts of the foot in multiple directions, and it was the #1 thing. But, it was dangerous, because my foot was so fragile. Be careful. Swimming is excellent, and it helps alot. gently. YOU NEED TO BE REAL GENTLE WITH YOUR FEET. I DID NOT START THE TRAMPOLINE UNTIL ABOUT 6 MONTHS AFTER THE FOOT WAS CRUSHED. THE FOOT HAD A REACTION IMMEDIATELY TO THE TRAMPOLINE, AND I ASK THAT YOU SEND ME AN E-MAIL, IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE. I HATE TO LEAD PEOPLE INTO TORTURES, SO AS I SAID BEFORE, A FAITH HEALING IS THE WAY TO GO. e-mail me at crushedfoot@linuxmail.org and I'll check my e-mail, and I'll try to get back to you I encountered contradictions with this injury, that perplexed me greatly, such as the reasoning between amputation, and keeping the foot, and I also reasoned with death. The foot was in a trap, internally, and I sort of regard this as a 'forces trap'. I am not sure how to be truthful, and yet still provide hope. Please forgive me. I understand quite a bit about the crushed foot, but not everything. The pain is sort of mixed with other bodily systems damages and it sort of goes through the spinal column and blasts/explodes into the brain, and over-runs, and devastates. Unrelenting, unmerciful pain. Does this sort of sound familiar to your experience? By the way: ****s is the way, the truth, and the life. e-mail me at crushedfoot@linuxmail.org I can explain more, if you like.Greg
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 5, 2006
    • 03:51 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I recently discovered these little 'massage vibrators'.I used them on some bludgeoning type injuries to my neck, shoulders, ribs, thoracic regions. The bones and tissues had been compressed and dislocated for 13 years. These little massage vibrators are like a miracle to these bludgeoning types injuries of mine, but it was dangerous to use them as it was possible that some type of clot or something might get loosed.I mention these massage vibrators in regards to the crushed foot injury, because the internal foot structures become bound/tight, and entwined/enmeshed sort of from crush type injuries.The massage vibrators provide almost effortless vibrations of the internal structures. Excellent, but dangerous. With my crushed foot injury, if I had used these vibrating massage things, it would have caused trauma, and internal bleedings. It is as 'internally mutilating and already internally mutilated foot'. Yukk. For example: some of my tendons in my foot had gotten crushed into my bones in my foot, and I panicked, and strived with physio to try and get the tendons moving and release them from the bones.It was horrible and torturous. But, I think these 'VIBRATING MASSAGE' thingswould have made it alot easier to get those tendons loosed from the bones.Again, I warn, that it might shock the internal structures, and it will likely cause more internal injuries; but that is what it was like with my crushed foot.I had no choice, but to do something.Anyways, I bought some of these vibrating massage things from wal-mart for 10 dollars apiece, and they took 3 AAA batteries, which gets costly, due to using alot of batteries. But, recently I found these 'BOOMERANG' vibrating massage things. I bought the BOOMERANG massage thing, and it has benefits that the other vibrating massage things from walmart did not have.Those ones from walmart had like 3 tripods, with little round balls on the ends.The BOOMERANG is shaped like a boomerang, and I think I prefer it somewhat over the others, but each has its benefits. There is also percussion type vibrating massage things, but they cost more.I think that if a person wants to play it a bit safer, they might consider putting a thick towel around their damaged foot, and then use weak batteries in one of these vibrating massage things, to gently try to loosen up the bound up internal structures of the foot. Perhaps if it goes well, then a person might consider increasing the amounts of vibrations they allow to get through to the foot. I think that using these vibrating massage things, along with trampoline, and some of those foot exercises with the towels, and also with a circular balancing board; along with gentle swimming and cycling.Then at some point in time, some walking and if all is going well, then jumping and then perhaps running might be achieved as well.The vibrating massage might work well, with other areas of the body as well, with the crushed foot injury, because the rest of the body does get effected, and this helps to loosen up. Patience required, and likely help from others with crushed foot injury.Greg
    greggggggg 1 Replies
    • December 2, 2007
    • 08:30 AM
    Flag this Response
  • hi...i dropped my boat and trailer on the top of my left foot resulting in bone, ligament and muscle damage while attempting to hook it up to the back of my truck at the trailer hitch. Horrible pain and swelling, sore right hip/knee/leg due to putting all of my weight there instead of on the left side, and not being able to sleep well at night is pretty much regular routine now for me - and it has already been 3+ months. Shooting pains through the toes and top of the foot area (right below toes) is also common with my injury, but i do find icing for 25 minutes, then off for 10 or so, and repeating is instrumental when needed. Crutches and rest, and basically not using your foot for months maybe is the only way to really help it get back to normal, whatever that may be now.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 14, 2008
    • 07:23 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hi...i dropped my boat and trailer on the top of my left foot resulting in bone, ligament and muscle damage while attempting to hook it up to the back of my truck at the trailer hitch. Horrible pain and swelling, sore right hip/knee/leg due to putting all of my weight there instead of on the left side, and not being able to sleep well at night is pretty much regular routine now for me - and it has already been 3+ months. Shooting pains through the toes and top of the foot area (right below toes) is also common with my injury, but i do find icing for 25 minutes, then off for 10 or so, and repeating is instrumental when needed. Crutches and rest, and basically not using your foot for months maybe is the only way to really help it get back to normal, whatever that may be now.That was my comment above. I severely crushed my foot when my boat/trailer fell ontop of my left footinstantly crushing down right on top of foot. It has been 22 months since my injury, (19 months since above post) and i am still off work, still in major pain and still suffering from my crushed foot. Been weaqring an aircast since november 2008 whenever i am walking or standing for longer than 5 mins. I have had terrible nerve problems in my foot since, even while i sit here and type this i have to elevate because it is feeling like pins and needles. Worried that this injury wont heal, seeing at how it has been nearly 2 yr and i am yet to see any significant progress. Any ideas from anyone on remedies would be fully appreciated. Hopefully my next reply to this post is a positive one.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • That was my comment above. I severely crushed my foot when my boat/trailer fell ontop of my left footinstantly crushing down right on top of foot. It has been 22 months since my injury, (19 months since above post) and i am still off work, still in major pain and still suffering from my crushed foot. Been weaqring an aircast since november 2008 whenever i am walking or standing for longer than 5 mins. I have had terrible nerve problems in my foot since, even while i sit here and type this i have to elevate because it is feeling like pins and needles. Worried that this injury wont heal, seeing at how it has been nearly 2 yr and i am yet to see any significant progress. Any ideas from anyone on remedies would be fully appreciated. Hopefully my next reply to this post is a positive one.Please check out my blog at :www.candlburning.wordpress.comI have put some info about my crushed foot injuries there, and it might be helpful.
  • My husband had a crushed foot injury 6 months ago - 09-20-2010. He went to the ER and the xray didn't show a fracture. He didn't have much pain until about one and half months later. Since that time, he has been in severe pain and his foot is always swollen. He has seen two podiatrists and we are considering going to see a third in the next week or so. Both podiatrist say that the only remedy is to not use his foot and put ice packs on it - which he has been doing. My husband and I have read about "compartment syndrome" and the appearance and the symptoms of his foot resemble the description but his podiatrist says that he is 100% certain that he doesn't have compartment syndrome. My husband has always been physically active but now he is confined to the house all of the time. He seems to be losing muscle in the affected leg from non-use. We have an appointment with a Pain Management Clinic but I suspect that this will result in pain killers and not a solution to the pain and swelling. We don't know what else to do.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 27, 2011
    • 00:47 AM
    Flag this Response
  • My husband had a crushed foot injury 6 months ago - 09-20-2010. He went to the ER and the xray didn't show a fracture. He didn't have much pain until about one and half months later. Since that time, he has been in severe pain and his foot is always swollen. He has seen two podiatrists and we are considering going to see a third in the next week or so. Both podiatrist say that the only remedy is to not use his foot and put ice packs on it - which he has been doing. My husband and I have read about "compartment syndrome" and the appearance and the symptoms of his foot resemble the description but his podiatrist says that he is 100% certain that he doesn't have compartment syndrome. My husband has always been physically active but now he is confined to the house all of the time. He seems to be losing muscle in the affected leg from non-use. We have an appointment with a Pain Management Clinic but I suspect that this will result in pain killers and not a solution to the pain and swelling. We don't know what else to do.PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP....what ur husband is going through sounds exactly like me. in another month it will be 3 yrs since i suffered my crushed left foot injury..when i dropped a boat and trailer on the top of it..(almost 3000 lbs)...my wife is going through exactly what you are going through..she is living my injury just as u are living with ur husbands injury every day....our lives have changed dramatically...i now suffer from severe anxiety, breathing problems, i can maybe get 3 hrs of sleep a nite if im lucky.....always in pain..always on painkillers...i take about 200 a month ( 5mg percocets) i hate it...i hate what my life has become, because of this injury...alot of my problem i have had with this injury is the mere lack of information on crush injuries...tell your husband just when he thinks he is alone, there is someone else (me) who knows, EXACTLY how he feels. It is very hard, and i have also thought of amputation and thoughts of suicide are a daily occurance....if i cant stand up, there is pretty much no need for me. I have tried to stay positive, and all the rest of it that people tell me what to do, but the fact is, i lost my foot pretty much as did your husband...it is very hard to lose a foot without it being amputated and still trying to get through the severe pain that 99% of people have never even came close to feeling...the feeling is a numb, sore, strong, screwed up feeling that is constant....constantly reminding you of what your life used to be....i can only try and tell your husband to trust in god...leave it in his hands...and allow god to get you through these times, you and your husband....if we concentrate on what your husband can do instead of what he cannot do, or used to do (physically/mentally) you will be ahead of the game...i am sorry if i sounded negative in this article, but i am going thru ***l and living it every day...it was an accident i could not avoid and that, along with the excruciating pain i endure every minute of every day will constantly remind me of what i did wrong in my life.I am trying to let life unravel as it may, trying to smile whenever possible, and dealing with this horrific injury.
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement