Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Shortness of breath, abdominal swelling

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: rnr8_2_80
  • October 16, 2007
  • 07:56 PM

I am 42 and female. I walk one hour daily and hike twice weekly for two hours. I can run and am in peak cardiovascular health. I woke up six weeks ago with shortness of breath, unquenchable thirst and was put in ICU. My potassium was very low, my blood sugar was 240 and I had an irregular ECG. They used nitroglycerine at first thinking it was my heart. But my abdomen is swollen and tender under my upper right rib cage and my lymph glands under my arms and pelvic areas were swollen initially. I don't think I had a fever.

Since that time, my labwork has all come back normal. My gallbladder ultrasound was normal though I still have tenderness around the liver area. I have returned to my regular routine of walking but have had one other episode of the original symptoms. My chiropractor today examined me and said that my right kidney area reflected a tenderness that could have been referred, and that palpation of the kidney suggested that it was swollen.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement