Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Stiff legs and joints - Please help!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: lindamt62
  • October 11, 2007
  • 09:22 AM

I am new here. I am a 45 year old woman of good health. About 12 mths ago I started working full-time and quit my gym. About 9mths ago I started to get really sore kegs from the knee down. My knees and hips started to ache when I lay down on my sides at night. Since then I have noticed that my legs hurt off and on, mostly in the summer. Also after sitting for even a short period of time my leg muscles become really stiff and when I stand up to walk I walk like an old lady until the stiffness wears off. When I use stairs my legs hurt up in the hip joints. My sister said it is old age but I refuse to believe that at 45 I am in such bad shape. I've wondered if there is a correlation between me building up my legs at the gym and then quitting??? I have no explanation but with summer coming on here in Australia, I can feel my legs starting to hurt during the day again. The stiffness is always there, and I am at a loss as to what could be causing this. Anyone who might be able to shed some light on this, I would be ever so grateful.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement