Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Shortness of Breath/Chest Pain/Heavy feeling in chest

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Razberri
  • October 11, 2007
  • 00:16 AM

This has been a problem for about a year now. I'll try to make it short.

In the beginning at random times throughout the day i'd have episodes of my breath shortening and becoming uncomfortable and making hard for me to breathe. It happened once or twice while I was dancing but all the other multiple times it appeared randomly when I was calm. I went to the doctor, got an echo where they found nothing and was prescribed Albuterol. At first it seemed to help then later it just made it worse. Then a couple of months it died down.

Now it's back again but the symptoms are a bit different. Still shortness of breath and heavy feeling on my chest along with pains around the middle of it. At times i'll feel nauseous and the other night I probably got near the worst of all the episodes. It started out slow and then built up to a point where I was gasping for air repeatdly, i guess wheezing and when i stood i was a bit dizzy and after the breathing had settled I felt nauseous.

I haven't a clue about it and I want to go to the doctor again but I dont want to be told, nothings wrong if there is something. So please, help anyone.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement