Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Constantly blinking eyes!!!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Tollz1985
  • October 10, 2007
  • 02:24 AM

OK heres the deal, my name is matt and im 22 years old. my eyes are constantly blinking. When I say this, I flat out mean blinking, not a twitch, this is an open and close blink. Its been happening alot and i cant focus on anything else. It seems like all I can think about is this darn blinking. it makes me very fidgity and i cant stand it. Its even worse when I have to sit still. Ive developed a habit of gently rubbing my right chick which seems to take my mind of the blinking but it still is quite the bother. Bascailly, the blinking has made me very fidgity like I said, I cant realx nor can I focus on anything like tv or a book. Id say they it looks like it may be some adhd symptoms, but the eye blinking>? stress perhaps?? minor turettes? I tend to be dwelling on the blinking to, which im sure isnt helping. Anyone, have any info?

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• HI Matt, this sounds very unpleasant, I am sorry you are dealing with it. To be honest it sounds like a "simple motor tic;" especially if you can temporarily stop it (even if it takes a lot of effort to stop it, and when you relax you start blinking like crazy again.) If you take any stimulant meds (ritalin, concerta, adderall, etc.) or drink lots of caffeine that could be contributing to the problem. A neurologist should be able to help if it persists. Best of luck.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 12, 2007
    • 04:18 AM
    Flag this Response
  • hi matt,i have the same problem as you, except its an on and off kind of thing. I might get a break from it for a few months, but them i randomly start blinking, rather hard...usually it goes away within a couple weeks. but for some reaosn it isnt going away fast this time. I find it weird since im only in my teens, and all the things on this site seem to be focused on adults, rather than the younger ages.well...i hope your blinking gos away soon.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I am a teen and I have that blinking eye thing it goes away after a few weeks but when I blink it's really hard and I try everything to stop it but it doesn't it eventually stops
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement